1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy - I tried to do a search, but could not find a way to do so.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new Colt lightweight Commander? I am particularly interested in the 9mm version, since many years ago I had a chance to shoot the older model Lightweight Commander and I will not forget that experience. Thanks. -kw

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,234 Posts
In the last several years I've had a few new Commanders. I have a LW Wiley Clapp Commander that was used for a custom build (my EDC), a steel Commander that was used for a build for my son, and I had a LW 9mm Commander that I had picked up from a forum member. All have been great guns with no troubles. I've bought several other new Colts as well, wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have a new production Gunsite Commander Lightweight (picked it up a few months ago). Though in .45 it's been 100% reliable with every ammo I've tried (all the major brands), it's accurate, nicely fit and a great ccw pistol. Haven't tried a Colt 9mm but I have had a DW Vigil Commander in 9 that was outstanding as well.

Don't know how helpful this is but my experiences to date.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The newest Colt 9mm Commander I have is an XSE LW from 2015. Nice pistol but I do not carry it. It is more of a range toy but has been fine with several different types of ammo. I did put some new stocks and screws on mine.

I carry a 2013 Colt/Talo Clapp Commander in 45ACP and one of those in 9mm looks interesting.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Forgot to mention that my range store has a used Wiley Clapp Commander in 9mm for $799. Appears to be in almost new condition. I've been tempted but can't justify it with the Gunsite plus a SA RO Elite Compact in 9mm I have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts