1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Russell,
Welcome to the fold. I'm new here also. You'll find a wealth of information, experience and good people.
I unfortunately cannot assist with your question.
Good luck on your research.
Rizzo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’ve been into 1911’s years. I saw them on GB and for the price and with a NM barrel, I have to have one.
Another member here recommended “GunPrime”. That’s a good call, $655.00 dollars for a new Colt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up an o1911c about a month ago. I've only been able to put 150 or so rounds thru it but so far I've found nothing to complain about. I think for the money it's a good deal and I like the retro slide markings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Welcome,
I’m curious on these also, locally a few Blued and Stainless have showed up but
Pricing is mid to high 700 Mark
I believe besides the NM barrel, the ejection port has been lowered and the sights are a slight improvement over the S70 retro which I believe this pistol is replacing in colts lineup.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
They're out there on the interwebs starting in the mid-$600s. They're essentially the same gun as the Series 70 reissues except for rollmarks, MSH, barrel, hammer finish, and a couple of other minor differences, and the S70s are great guns. I may have to buy a Classic on principle at those prices.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
It's a nice gun. I didn't like the thumb safety on mine, but that is typical for Colts. I also like to look a Colt over before I buy it, but that is just because I'm picky about straight lines, machining, etc.

·
Double Secret Banned
2,173 Posts
I have one and I like it quite a bit more than the 2 Series 70 reproductions I've owned. Whoever put mine together did a very good job. I'm sure the Union goons will want this person to slack off like the rest of them.

I cleaned it, lubed it and ran 200 rounds through it, including 230 gr. HSTs and 230 XTP hollowpoints and it has zero issues out of the box.

$655 gets you one hell of a base gun. I paid low 700s for mine but I suspect I'll buy another and stash it to send off some day.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The MSRP on Colt's website is $799 so intergoogle shopping should find one for under $700. I looked at one in a LGS that was a little over $700 plus then there would be the sales tax. Still it is nice to look at one before one buys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.