1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Yankee Marshall on You Tube, new Pythons are on there way.

Let's hope this is true, and let's hope they they have the looks and dimensions of the originals. They won't have the same internals, but let's hope they are good.

According to a person on another forum, they will be Stainless with forged internals.

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/handguns/599009-new-colt-pythons.html

The timing of his post from August, and Yankee Marshall's post from yesterday would at least make sense from a timing perspective.

Another You Tuber who is a bid revolver fan is saying he is hearing this too.

Golden Webb:

I know these are rumors, but maybe some other folks out there know something.

Fingers Crossed for the following reasons:
1. That there are new Pythons Coming
2. They do not mess with the looks, or dimensions in any way
3. They are well built

Please let this be true. Fingers Crossed.

·
Professional Pest, NRA Patron member
3,297 Posts
I've been expecting this for awhile. Also expected is parts all CNC manufactured and most of the work needed will be assembly with very minimal fitting. They should be very nice, but they won't be the Pythons we all know and love. Who knows? They may even be better in some ways. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Well everyone just sit tight and save your money! You know the stuff I have and enjoy. Cannot say anything for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Banned
821 Posts
I just hope they don't mess them up like they did the Cobra. If they are bringing back Pythons, they need to have polished finishes, original style wood grips, and classic looks. IMO their other newer revolvers were completely ruined by the matte finish, cheap rubber or stippled wood grips, and ugly square trigger guard. I'm hoping for a new python that looks exactly like the old ones, but perhaps with the newer, more durable cobra action.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I've been expecting this for awhile. Also expected is parts all CNC manufactured and most of the work needed will be assembly with very minimal fitting. They should be very nice, but they won't be the Pythons we all know and love. Who knows? They may even be better in some ways. Time will tell.
I think this is the right mindset. Will they be like they were before? Not likely. Might they be a nice revolver and relatively affordable to own? Perhaps.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live right near the Colt Factory.

I went to a LGS today that stocks Colts and has a good relationship with a lot of Colt people.

They were surprised that I new about the new Python. They could not confirm, but said to be paying attention to announcements around January 1.

So we will see.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I live right near the Colt Factory.

I went to a LGS today that stocks Colts and has a good relationship with a lot of Colt people.

They were surprised that I new about the new Python. They could not confirm, but said to be paying attention to announcements around January 1.

So we will see.
In that case, I expect pictures and specs from someone here at midnight exactly on the 1st!

·
Banned
821 Posts
I always wondered when this would happen. As incompetent as Colt management appears this seems like a no brainer.

The many guys that overpaid for out of production pythons are probably never going to recoup what they paid.
I don't know, I don't think the originals will drop that much in price. Even if the new ones are nice, they wont be as nice as the old ones, the old world craftsmanship is gone. Plus, S&W has brought back many of their "classics" and it hasn't hurt the value of the originals. I'm not sure they'll stay as inflated as they are, many will just buy cheaper new ones, plus the Walking Dead craze that boosted their prices has died down a bit, but they will still have collector price tags.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Even if the new ones are nice, they wont be as nice as the old ones, the old world craftsmanship is gone.
I have heard that the quality was not really there beyond the mid 70s and the late 70s and early 80s are not that great. Just repeating what I have heard.

S&Ws are a little bit different because of the hole. Comparing pre and post hole is not the same IMO.

·
Banned
821 Posts
I have heard that the quality was not really there beyond the mid 70s and the late 70s and early 80s are not that great. Just repeating what I have heard.

S&Ws are a little bit different because of the hole. Comparing pre and post hole is not the same IMO.
Pythons have always had a bit of a delicate action. I've also heard that the Python Elites that came out of the Custom Shop were lacking in quality. Hillary's hole aside, the new S&W's aren't the same quality as the old ones. The bluing looks thin, the grips look cheap, and there's MIM parts. I still think the old Pythons will be pretty valuable, just not quite as inflated as they have been.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I don't know, I don't think the originals will drop that much in price. Even if the new ones are nice, they wont be as nice as the old ones, the old world craftsmanship is gone. Plus, S&W has brought back many of their "classics" and it hasn't hurt the value of the originals. I'm not sure they'll stay as inflated as they are, many will just buy cheaper new ones, plus the Walking Dead craze that boosted their prices has died down a bit, but they will still have collector price tags.
:) Do not bet your 401k on it...

Reactions: Colorado Sonny

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Haha, doesn't affect me any. I'm not one of the gifted ones privileged enough to own the great Python.
What I was referring to was the new ones will not be as nice as the old ones...…. More to come in about 9 days.:)

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.