1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSCN0614.JPG

Bought this NIB on 12-12-11. Best bone stock pistol I own! Super accurate and reliable as I have just over 1000 rounds through her without a single malfunction. Best money I ever spent. I bought a pair of original Series 70 grips to put on her. Here is a picture of her the day I brought her home. DSCN0602.JPG

Attachments

·
~
246 Posts
Beautiful! I love Colts. Congrats :thumb:

·
NRA member
2,591 Posts
Looks sooooooo much better with original grips. On my list to grab one. Nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I've been looking for an NIB S70 for the better part of a year after getting my colt 1991 in 2/2011 and my Springer in 6/2011. I felt like I won the lottery when the GS said he had one in stock. They usually have the SS version but I wanted the blued and man did I luck out!

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
I love the original grips. It just immediately makes it looks like it's a few decades old. I like my modern-looking Guncrafter 1911, but aesthetically speaking the old-school Colts always get to me. :thumb:

Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I like everything about this Colt: reliability, accuracy, aesthetics, function, the fact that it will only increase in value, it is 100% made in the USA with only minimal MIM parts (mag release, mag catch lock and disconnector). This beast is my EDC/EP gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, stock or not ..... it still fires the .45 ACP round .......:thumb:

Looks good to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts