In the news New Consensus-Based Recommendations to Reduce Firearm Injury, Death, and Disability Released by Amer

Discussion in 'Political Outhouse' started by RS., Nov 18, 2018.

1. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    “13 recommendations from a workgroup of 22 surgeons (median experience of 28 years caring for trauma patients), 18 of whom are passionate firearm owners themselves representing a broad range of experience with firearm ownership and use. Hunters, sport shooters, self-defense proponents, law enforcement professionals, and surgeons with previous military experience”

https://www.journalacs.org/article/S1072-7515(18)32155-0/fulltext

GeorgeandSugar likes this.
  2. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    Too many vague issues. they reference "high velocity" weapons with no specifics. So is 9mm +p+, 10mm etc the same as a Barret 50bmg?

How many recommendations should there be for blunt force trauma caused injuries. Rubber hammers?, Styrofoam baseball bats?, I'm pretty sure B.F.T.'s still cause more injuries/deaths than bang sticks combined.

George

GeorgeandSugar likes this.

3. Badabing11

Badabing11 I gotta have more cowbell

Sep 6, 2015
    I found this interesting . While I do see vague terms, I believe this was to be foundational in nature , and serve as a baseline from which to build.

That said, addressing the ambiguity and closing those gaps feels like an effort to boil the ocean.

But I think you need to start somewhere. Go ahead addicts , i got my helmet on .

RS. likes this.