New CZ Upland 202 Side by Side

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by awpk03s, Feb 4, 2012.

1. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    A couple months ago, I lamented a lot about my CZ Bobwhite side by side, and not being able to get used to the straight grip (versus pistol grip) of it. I began searching for another Huglu/CZ variety side by side with a pistol grip to match the Mallard 12 gauge I have and love.

I listed my Bobwhite for sale on a local forum, and sold it within 45 minutes!

I have heard before about Jon's Sport Shop up in Oshkosh, WI. They do several exclusive runs of shotguns a year from CZ, and I almost bought one of their Mallard 104s last year. Well, after much searching on GunBroker, I found just what I was looking for at Jon's... a 12 gauge side by side 202, with double triggers, 28" barrels, and POW grip. I ordered it that day.

Picked it up from my FFL shortly thereafter, and I am VERY pleased with it. The stock and grip feels completely natural and perfect in my hands, and it points and swings like a champ! The wood is pretty nice too. The triggers are MUCH better than those that were in my Bobwhite, I was really pleased with them. Metal work and such is all pretty nice. Lockup is still very tight and needs broken in. 5 chokes, like usual. So far all I've been able to do is break it down and clean it up good and put it in my safe. I can't wait to take it out and shoot it though. The best part about this shotgun, only $469!

Enough of me rambling, here are some bad photos that don't do this gun justice:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Very nice,........I've shot a few of these and Huglus when I was in Turkey!
    Great value for the money!

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    What kind of chokes does it have. Interchangeble or fixed. I love double barrels as that is what I started hunting with 46 yrs ago.

4. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011

:jaw: I thought you were about that old!

5. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    It has 5 screw-in chokes (flush with end of barrels). F, M, IM, IC, C

6. Arkie

Arkie Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Love SxS! While I like a single trigger on an O/U, double triggers seem appropriate for a SxS

Bob

7. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Smart arse!!:rofl2:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted