New EDC Update

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by azguy1911, May 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Well, I sent my Dan Wesson CCO (38 super) back to the previous owner (@ZArugby) last week as he reached out when he saw I order a WC Sentinel Compact in 38 super and thought his old gun may be available. It was, maybe a few months early, but what the heck Paul is a great addict and has become friend. I'm glad he has it back and I'm very much looking forward to the Sentinel Compact as an EDC.
    4.jpg

In the meantime what was I going to carry?

I've been rotating the DW CCO with my WC Stealth, also in 38 super, but needed a proven back up just in case the Stealth had any issues. If I have any issues in my weekly shooting sessions I stop carrying the gun and sort them out.

This exact thing happened three weeks ago and I had to send the gun to WC and they WERE AMAZING, they went through the gun did some polishing and adjusting -- checked the chamber, barrel throat, and feed ramp. Polished the breech face adjusted the extractor and replaced the recoil spring, mainspring and didn't charge me a penny. But since getting it back I've only got 300 rounds through it and while it feels amazing I like to have a 1,000 before carrying.

unnamed.jpg

So, I've been shooting and getting used to this ULCC in 9mm for a few months and have been thoroughly impressed with it's accuracy and it's been flawless in terms of performance over the last 2,000 rounds. So, today I ran dozens of rounds of 124 HydraShok, 147 HST, 147 Hornandy Custom XTP and these 135 Hornandy Critical Defense. The gun ate them all without issue but the Critical Defense was exceptional smooth and seemed to have a softer recoil so we have a winner folks.... some 25 ft double taps with two magazines, changing the mags on the fly.

unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Hardball, xerts1191, Lou1 and 14 others like this.
  2. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    I've been having fun with a recently acquired Guncrafter CCO!

gps man and cwoods like this.

3. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    It's a hell of a gun, isn't it? Solid and accurate ;)

gps man likes this.
  4. TxTrail80

TxTrail80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 24, 2018
    Thanks for sharing your experiences with your Wilson 38 Super.
    Can we ask to see the carry rig?

gps man likes this.
  5. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    You know, I've tried nearly every holster on the market and in the end I decided on a Galco stow and go inside the waste band, simple, light and thin. I tried the Milt Sparks and every other high end holster you could think of but I like the simplicity of the stow and goes and they work well with my 3.8" to 4.25" without any issues.

6 months of the year I wear sportcoats everyday and I wear it at 4:00 and it disappears. When the weather warms up I wear untucked dress shirts with Jeans and move it between 2 & 3:00

6. TxTrail80

TxTrail80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 24, 2018
    Simple is good!
    Thanks

7. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
    Nice thread, John. I really like Wilson Combat guns especially for carry in the lighter caliber/size. They really have the recipe of building relentless 9mm compact pistols that just don't quit.

Thanks again for the CCO

cghelton and Eric like this.
  8. Bilbo463

Bilbo463 Member

May 24, 2018
    What do you guys carry in your Supers? I’m searching for a proven round for my 38 Super Ed Brown Executive Carry.

9. ZArugby

ZArugby Kickin back a little Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2016
  10. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    Underwood, 124 +P's

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    • Caliber: 38 Super
    • Bullet Weight: 124 Grains
    • Bullet Style: Hornady XTP Jacketed Hollow Point
    • Case Type: Ducta-Bright 7a Nickel Plated Super Comp II Brass
    BALLISTICS INFORMATION
    • Muzzle Velocity: 1350 fps
    • Muzzle Energy: 502 ft lbs

11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Underwood makes some darn fine carry ammo

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted