New Ergo Grips & Wilson ETM

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by Hurricanes, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Yesterday I recieved my package from MidwayUSA containing my new Falcon Industries Ergo XT Grips, and a Wilson Combat 8rd ETM Magazine. These grips are the same ones that come on the Tactical Operations (Tac Ops) 1911 from Sig Sauer. They are plastic with the tapered bottom, but can also be had with a flat bottom for those who have a magwell. Mine are black, but they also come in OD Green and Dark Earth. They are pretty rough, but its exactly what I got them for. They are a slim design that still allow you to use the standard size grip screws and grip screw bushings. They're definetly a great change over the smooth wood grips that came on my RIA Tac.

The Wilson Combat ETM looks great, and I saved $4 through a discount MidwayUSA is running till November 30th I believe. Fully loaded it doesn't require much force to insert the magazine on a closed slide. I haven't taken it to the range yet, but I'm hoping good things out of it.
    -Joel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Cool,......love those Wilson mags! Need to order a few!

3. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Yup, they're not bad at all! I have nine of them.

They're on sale at Midway USA right now, I think $30 each or so. Not bad at all.

Andy

4. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    The new Wilson's are very good, so are the old ones...

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice!!! Brownells has a 47D 3-pack on sale for $75. I have a link to it in "Bargain Hunters"

6. Drgracin72

Drgracin72 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    hell yam, wish i had the extra cash to pick some up. been needing them

7. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Nice grips!

Wilson mags aver very good! I have never had a problem with them.

8. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Yep I ordered that deal this morning!

9. deadite

deadite #15 to Register! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Wilson ETM's are the most consistent of all my mags. I just bought 3 Tripp Cobra Mags and they seem just as good, IMO.

deadite

10. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    The Wilson ETM mags are what made my Baer PII in 9mm run like a 1911 should! :tears_of_joy:

They are game changers when it comes to a 9mm 1911 that has a gag reflex!

DAT85

11. Dennis1209

Dennis1209 New Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Yep, ordered a few Wilson 8 rd. mags from Midway myself. Unfortunately, I needed the 7 rounders more and had to pay full price. Having to reload during IDPA matches and letting them expensive mags smash the ground and stepping on them moving to the next station is costly.

12. Hurricanes

Hurricanes Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Well today I took out the RIA with the new Wilson magazine and it ran flawless. Then again I only went through 150rds. and used some other magazines I had. Either way a flawless day with my 1911 trumps my new Glock 19 tossing empty casings at my forehead any day. And the grips felt real good while under fire. Now I need to run some more ammo through her before I go out and buy some more Wilsons.
    -Joel

13. simulatedjim

simulatedjim New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    May have to get me some ETM's for my nine.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted