1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy all,

I'm new to this site, but not to shooting in general. Despite the fact that I've been a 1911 owner for over twenty years, I have only recently gotten "into" 1911s. I've always liked shooting them, but between college not allowing firearms in "approved" housing and living in a largish (San Antonio, Texas) city with small children, I haven't done much shooting in the past twenty years. Recently, however, I have gotten back to my roots. I moved out of the city, bought some land, built a range and can now shoot at my leisure and discretion. Just like being back on the farm as a teenager.

I only own two 1911s at present. A Vega framed Government model that I received as a birthday gift back in '98 and a Colt 1991A1 Command that I purchased recently. The Colt Commander is in need of some work/TLC since the previous/original owner seems to have taken a grinder to the rear sight. It also looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ages and had mold (or something similar) growing all through it. But, after a good cleaning it seems to work just fine.

EDIT: added pics now that I'm over three posts!

Vega framed Government Model

Colt 1991A1 Commander

They aren't fancy, but they are mine. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.