new fusion model released

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by boatdoc, Feb 12, 2018.

1. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 3, 2015
    just found this fusion firearms release in my email. I really like the look of this bobtail. I hear there are more models being released. This one may be one I "need" ;) it is called the Riptide-C

[​IMG]

2. ImperialBlade

ImperialBlade Armed with my opinion and not afraid to use it. Supporting Addict

Aug 22, 2015
    I am kinda digging it.

boatdoc likes this.

3. code420

code420 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Fusion is very under rated in my opinion!!!! I like it!!!!!

JbFusion and boatdoc like this.
  4. Steve Owens

Steve Owens Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Not so sure about these yet, their customs haven't done too terribly good. I have liked most of the parts, i have bought from them, just real unsure about their pistols. You get one you'll have to do a good write up and report for us unbelievers....You would think their customs by now would have a real strong following if they were all that. Just my opinion, I guess I'd just have to shoot, or at least see one and handle one in person before I could really judge;.. What's the Price tag $?

5. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yeah not sure what the point is in taking two thirds of the fcs and putting them on the bottom of the slide?

6. Mikey421

Mikey421 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2014
    The serrated dust cover is distracting to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blitz45 and Steve Owens like this.
  7. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    Very different for sure, it seems to me the trigger reminds me of a Kimber custom shop trigger they use in a lot of their custom shop guns and now that I look at the frame and beavertail fit, am wondering if fushion makes kimbers parts and frames... A very definite resemblance there imo...

8. 605atthe wheels

605atthe wheels In the staging lanes Supporting Addict

Oct 19, 2012
    I quote Mr. B (where ever he is) "MEH"

George

blitz45, GoetzTalon and Jollyroger1 like this.
  9. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    Seriously does look like a kimber fit on the BGS. And matches the profile as well.

10. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    I invited them to comment on this thread about their newest release including pricing.

they are a newer company(as far as producing complete guns) without a huge marketing budget. word of mouth is serving them well .

Steve I have 2 of them so far. The freedom series are their production level guns. quality far exceeds the price(usually under 1 grand). AFter all ,Robert Serva was from the original Dan Wesson so I expected a quality product and they delivered in spades. very accurate guns. nice triggers, good fitting of all parts,slid e movement is very smooth . I am happy with what I have bought and their CS is excellent. ( had a small problem with 9mm casings ejecting @ 6 o'clock and TYler Serva personally helpe d me)

blitz45 and Steve Owens like this.
  11. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    This is what it will take for them to break in, so many choices out there, but if they do things right and can weather the storm until word gets out, they should do alright. I do believe on this model less would be more, the fcs, and dust cover serrations doesn't add to the aesthetics of this particular piece, less would've been more here. I will say I have purchased their mainspring housings for my Kimbers, and for the price been pretty pleased.

12. JbFusion

JbFusion New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Thanks for the great comments and we're working to change the minds of the others! As for the price point: all of the new models are set to be under $1,000 featuring Bar-stock Frame, Slide, & Barrel. They'll have upgrades and customization's available before purchase (if you order from our website) for different calibers, triggers, barrel styles, sights, mainspring housings etc..

Haven't released these yet, but I'll give this thread a sneak peak. Here are 2 other models, including the new Bantam-R (carry / defender model) and the mag-well version of the Riptide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Jordan
    Fusion Firearms

blitz45, sellersm, boatdoc and 4 others like this.
  13. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Addict's shoot addict Supporting Addict

Nov 3, 2011
    Welcome aboard, Jordan.

boatdoc and JbFusion like this.
  14. Steve Owens

Mar 20, 2017
    So by Barstock barrel, we're not talking match grade barrel, but made of the same steel stock the frame and slide are made from? What kind of steel would that be please? And the internals?

boatdoc likes this.
  15. JbFusion

JbFusion New Member

Feb 13, 2018
    It's 4140 steel, heat treated. Some of the internals are MIM, to keep our pricing point, but no plastic. The Barrel doesn't come match grade standard. You will be able to upgrade to one of our "Ultra Match Grade" barrels before purchase, though.

boatdoc, Steve Owens and Colt1911Guy like this.
  16. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    I like both riptid e models. put them on MY wish list Robert!

RServa, Steve Owens and JbFusion like this.
  17. sellersm

sellersm Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2014
    I like that mag well Riptide! Thanks for sharing these with us, Jordan!! I hope your sales rise and your customer base increases!

@boatdoc, we're awaiting a full report! :)

RServa, Steve Owens and JbFusion like this.
  18. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015

I can tell you kind folks that the guns I have bought a great to shoot. accurate(of course) nice fit and finish for production guns. Trigger is smooth and breaks nicely about 3.5-4 lbs
    I would not consider buying more if these 2 guns were junk or not fun to play with FWIW

the guns are much nicer looking in person.Pics do not do thos e grips justice. I am hoping to order one of the riptide models soon(after I have and heal from Carpal tunnel surgery, I will NEED a reward I think :)

Steve Owens, JbFusion and sellersm like this.
  19. tntdominic

tntdominic Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 25, 2014
    Sir,
    Get well soon . . . and let us know how the off-hand shooting is going in the mean time.
    :)

boatdoc and blitz45 like this.
  20. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    Thank so so much
    THAT is the plan( unless the left hand gets worse). I can use either hand to shoot. Had to train to shoot left handed because our last hous e only afforded concealment from a bedroom . If invaded, I would have to use my left hand to shoot down a staircase. I need to practice shooting left handed anyway. This is an opportunity fo rthat

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted