1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else feels like you get a new gun when installing new grips!?

I just installed a set of VZ Rosewood full checkered grips and tossed them on my old faithful TRP. Man, it makes me feel like I have a whole new gun. I fully know all else has stayed the exact same but man, it is crazy what a difference a grip change makes...

... so who's gonna confess how many extra grips you have laying around for the same reason?

Pics to follow

·
Registered
17 Posts
A shoe box full of grips from 15 years ago to now. I would go thru about 3 sets on every 1911 before I decided on what I liked. Im now down to only 3 1911's but have this shoe box full of basic, plastic grips to Honduran Rosewood Burl that have no homes.

·
"BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore !
1,761 Posts
A shoe box full of grips from 15 years ago to now. I would go thru about 3 sets on every 1911 before I decided on what I liked. Im now down to only 3 1911's but have this shoe box full of basic, plastic grips to Honduran Rosewood Burl that have no homes.
Sounds like a good reason for a sale !!! :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I just put a set of SGM XS Shredder Palm Swell grips (how's that for a long name) on my .45 Range Officer. I wanted something more aggressive and the palm swell sounded interesting as I have big hands. These grips absolutely transformed how the gun acted in my hand during firing. It moves less and I feel less recoil. I do care a little about how my grips look, but I am much more interested in performance. I'm odering another set for the PM-9 I shoot all the time.
I've owned 1911s for two years and am close to needing a yard sale to get rid of my extra grips that I've bought and no longer like.
Jeff

·
Double Secret Banned
2,171 Posts
Installing new grips means I need another gun to provide a home for the older grips.

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Yep!

·
Registered
949 Posts
To me they are like wheels on your car or truck. Can make it, or break it. VZ's are a fav, but those knock off VZ's on amazon are beginning to grow on me. Love their version of the starburst.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds like a good reason for a sale !!! :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
Yep, sale one was in 2011, sale two is coming up. I also have this problem with my Hi Powers, got about $350 dollars just in left over HP grips from VZ, Esmeralda, Haken and Hogue.

Karl Nill, ordered a set back in 2009. Weirdest experience as back then you had to go to their German based web site, row thru some language barrier issues and I will never forget they substituted the word "execute" for "submit". It just didn't seem right. Eventually got the grips in a sloppy, hand taped box with a return address of a live person who lived in New Jersey, darn peculiar. The Nill's lasted two months before they went into the shoe box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts