1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5AEECF04-BF6A-4AA9-BEE5-DAEFA58C11A7.jpeg
Just got a set of Lok palm swell Roughnecks for my TSO. I like the orange and black look, but the orange color from Lok is completely different from the factory orange. I love the way the grips feel, but it’s aesthetically displeasing. Wish I’d gotten black or grey/black. First world problems!

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
219 Posts
LOK also sells matching G10 paddles FWIW. You likely need to replace your torx screw though as they tend to strip easily.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Jeff the difference probably is the materials, anodized aluminum and G10. Not sure that you can get the "anodized" look on G10 material.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. That Jeep is, um, interesting but not really my style.
I think I’ll contact Lok tomorrow and see if I can return them. I can already tell I love the grips. I have big hands and these really feel great! I’m thinking just good old black grips will look mucho better!
If I can’t return them they will be for sale at a greatly reduced price.
Jeff

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
I've made color mistakes also with G10 grips. Clean them good with alcohol and rattle can your preference. Mine still look like new after 3 years.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lok is awesome! I called them today and they said no problem, send them back and tell us what you want. For $3.99 I get to exchange them for new grips of another color. I'm going to get plain old black grips. I love the look of the aluminum grips, but the feel of the palm swell Loks is fantastic. They will get more of my business.
Jeff

Reactions: Fred_G

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Jeff, will you stay with the Roughneck texture or switch to the Bogies?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m going to stay with the Roughnecks. They’re aggressive enough for me. I didn’t have any trouble controlling the TSO with the smooth aluminum grips so the extra texture of the Roughnecks gives me excellent grip.

·
Super Moderator
898 Posts
Thanks Jeff! I had originally ordered a set of palm swell bogies for a CZ 75 Bull Shadow. Thought the texture was overly aggressive so returned them for Roughnecks and they are very satisfactory.

Reactions: JNW

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love my black palm swell Roughnecks! Kind of miss the original orange grips but these really fill my hand.
Jeff
1C0B4F17-CFB1-4E1C-AA09-1E4CDC271EF0.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts