1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first Dan Wesson and the quality is unbelievable! My first 38 super is a Lew Horton colt competition which is great but this dw is in a totally different class. I dutifully took it home without shooting it for a strip and clean and it was amazing. Back at the range I put a couple hundred rounds of factory ball, lax, Aguila, and Fiocchi, through it using the three different brands of mags, the included dw, colt and metalform with no problems at all. Then, four different brands of defensive ammo which were also flawless. Of course the trigger is awesome. It’s going to be a long wait for the Brommeland and Sparks holsters to arrive. I’m getting an error message when I try to upload a pic of my first target? Anyway, one hole with a couple of very nearby fliers. As good as any group with other pistols that I’ve been shooting for years.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
My first Dan Wesson and the quality is unbelievable! My first 38 super is a Lew Horton colt competition which is great but this dw is in a totally different class. I dutifully took it home without shooting it for a strip and clean and it was amazing. Back at the range I put a couple hundred rounds of factory ball, lax, Aguila, and Fiocchi, through it using the three different brands of mags, the included dw, colt and metalform with no problems at all. Then, four different brands of defensive ammo which were also flawless. Of course the trigger is awesome. It’s going to be a long wait for the Brommeland and Sparks holsters to arrive. I’m getting an error message when I try to upload a pic of my first target? Anyway, one hole with a couple of very nearby fliers. As good as any group with other pistols that I’ve been shooting for years.
Now you know why so many here have been talking up DWs and .38 supers...... and especially DW .38 sups.....
I'm hoping my wife's .38 sup. shoots as well as my Guardian.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good choice in a great caliber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts