1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Raised by wolves...
389 Posts
Welcome.. Hope you can move soon....

Seriously though.. Welcome... Watch out for these guys... You come here thinking if I just get the one gun.. The one really want I'll be satisfied..... Then this bunch of enablers has you figuring out how to take back things you never even stole so you can add to the collection you didn't know you wanted but now can't live without....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Iknow how that goes, I got into Glocks & AR's, then knives & now this. It's probably the last place I need to be, but I'm glad I'm here hahaha.

Honestly I'd have moved a long time ago, but I'm anchored here by work. I've looked into moving to a free state several times over the years, but in my line of work, the pay cut doesn't play well with the cost of living unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stick around here and you're going to need a side hustle...😉
Don't I know it.

I had an epiphany after planning/pricing out a Gucci ass Glock build a few months ago. The total was going to be $2500-$3000, and as cool as it would be, at the end of the day it'd still be a Glock. I still love the guns I have, I just have to be honest with myself about what they are & aren't capable of. The whole diminishing returns thing. I decided that if I was gonna drop $3k on a gun, it should probably have the quality, performance, fit, finish & feel of a $3k gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice collection and now just add a few "required" 1911's and a couple 2011's...

Easy peezy. Welcome from Virginia.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thanks! That's the plan, we'll see how it goes. I've been stalling on buying a 1911 for probably 10 years now, I agree that it should be a staple in any collection. I just couldn't decide how much I wanted to spend. I started looking at Springfield RO, then the STI Trojan, then DW Valor, then Les Baer, back to Springfield, back to Wesson etc etc etc. For whatever reason I've been really indecisive about 1911's, but I have a feeling that will change soon hahaha

·
Registered
Raised by wolves...
389 Posts
Thanks! That's the plan, we'll see how it goes. I've been stalling on buying a 1911 for probably 10 years now, I agree that it should be a staple in any collection. I just couldn't decide how much I wanted to spend. I started looking at Springfield RO, then the STI Trojan, then DW Valor, then Les Baer, back to Springfield, back to Wesson etc etc etc. For whatever reason I've been really indecisive about 1911's, but I have a feeling that will change soon hahaha
Here... Let me help you before all these guys give you bad ideas.. When starting 1911s.... Always go DanWesson..... Always....

I see my work here is finished ... I'm sure others will chime in with different ideas but they will be wrong...😉😁🍿

( This is pretty much how every thread here goes... Oh yeah... But with pics.. LOTS of gorgeous pics...)🤣

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome.. Hope you can move soon....

Seriously though.. Welcome... Watch out for these guys... You come here thinking if I just get the one gun.. The one really want I'll be satisfied..... Then this bunch of enablers has you figuring out how to take back things you never even stole so you can add to the collection you didn't know you wanted but now can't live without....
@Ravenor
You need to put that warning thread that you wrote in to your Signature Line so that when you welcome people here, they are able to read the warning ASAP

OP, I was born and raised in California and am glad I was and wish I wanted to go back. Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts