1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably gonna sound dumb but here we go. Picked up my brand new DW Razorback from my FFL. Have not fired it yet but every time I rack the slide it locks back no matter how fast or slow I do it. That's not normal, correct? Have confirmed my thumb is nowhere near the slide stop.

Thanks.

·
Deo Volente
7,107 Posts
If you have the magazine inserted into the grip, and it is empty, the slide should always lock back. Remove the magazine rack the slide and the slide will not stay locked.

Good question in understanding the operation of most SA pistols as originally designed by John Moses Browning!

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
No problem Steve..... We're here to help..... when you really need it!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I hate those Doh! moments but they happen.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I think you need to change/fit the extractor and thumb safety...refit the barrel....or check the magwell LOL and howdy by the way

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome aboard, Stevetwice. Congratulations on the new Dan Wesson. Fine 1911's. You will find many more questions that come up while acquainting yourself with the 1911 platform, and there is no better place, to have those questions answered, than right on this-here forum.

Gary

·
Registered
760 Posts
Been there, done that.....nice to answer your own but folks here, I have found, will NOT laugh at you but will laugh with you. Enjoy the site and your new DW, shoot safe

·
Registered
547 Posts
No harm no foul. Glad to here it was you and not your DW. I've been there as well many times.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Stevetwice! You’re sure in the right spot. The guys and gals on this forum have lots of patience with people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts