New Heirloom Precision and No Name

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Pro-One, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Hello Everyone,

Just received a new Heirloom Precision SS and No Name SS from Dave at DRC, was a great transaction and would recommend Dave to anyone considering acquisition of high quality 1911's. Pricing was competitive and firearms arrived as described.

2. ThePhotog

ThePhotog Previously Tractus Arms

Dec 7, 2011

3. too_pure

too_pure Employed

Nov 9, 2011
    This thread borders on abusive cruelty without pics.

4. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    I'll try and post some photos as soon as I figure it out, I think if you go to Dave's Site the photos are still posted. Had an unexpected meeting to attend this afternoon and did not make it to pistol range as planned but made arrangements to shoot mid-next week at the latest. Did play hookie this morning and shot a full course at Quail Creek Plantation(sporting clays) but that's a different forum, life is Good.

5. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Well - If you ever want to part with that NN, know that Glock2740 and I each have the matching serial numbers on both sides of that pistol...

Congrats on the haul! DRC is great to deal with.

6. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats! :thumb:

Tis' the truth. :nod:

7. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to part with NN, it may be awhile though. The NN is almost as nice as the Heirloom Precision overall, I think Dave is having sellers remorse he has mentioned a few times he can't believe he sold this particular NN. He originally intended to keep this for his personnel collection, that damn almighty dollar. I'm anxiously waiting on Dave to get me a quote and availability for a Model # 3 - 50GI with some custom features, this will most likely become my daily carry.
    The only down side if I buy the M-3 is that my trusted Volkmann Custom Combatant I've carried for ever and shot thousands of rds. thru might become my weak side carry/back-up or even worse the dreaded safe queen!!! Decisions,Decisions

8. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Can't believe Dave sold his SS NN. :67:

9. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    My stainless NN isn't going anywhere. The nice thing is that of that run of the first three, Mine, yours, and Joe's - they were all finished differently. Mine has the polished flats up top:

IMG_0533-1.JPG

IMG_0534-3.JPG

10. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    We should have made him give us 1st right of refusal :eyebrows:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  11. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Mine's the 3 hole trigger model. :thumb:

12. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    We didn't read the fine print. Damn lawyers. :animlol:

13. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    NN and a Heirloom....Joe should have thrown in a free camera

14. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Dave cannot believe Dave sold his SS NN. I told Mark the same thing in our conversations. He must have caught me in a week moment. I can always have another one built. That was my favorite pistol in my collection for sure.

15. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Great photos, I'm definitely keeping mine. The polished flat sides on yours looks awesome, Alex does great work. This was My first experience with Guncrafters Firearms and Dave but wont be the last, very impressed with both and feel fortunate to have acquired one of the first run of three with You and Joe.

16. motodan00

motodan00 New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Wow, gorgeous guns! I'm jealous and drooling as I'm sitting around waiting for NN.

17. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Yea your right I should have at least received a free camera or t-shirt, whats up with that?

18. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    I don't have Cameras or T-Shirts, but I can offer up a free hat if you want one, Mark. :biggrin1:

19. Wheezy

Wheezy Bullet Banger Supporting Addict

Aug 31, 2011
    You should have some drc condoms made. Get a free three pack with every purchase.

20. Pro-One

Pro-One Active Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Thanks Dave that will work. You can send it to me with the pending M3 once completed. You should consider getting some t-shirts made up, great advertising and I bet most of the 1911 addict's would order one. (Large logo on back, small logo front left chest and spend the x-tra dollar for frt. pockets). Just a thought, any ways I think I'm catching the 50GI bug from you after our discussion the other day. Hopefully Alex gets back to you soon on the M3 project we discussed and hope all is well.

Thanks,

Mark

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted