1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between 1 of 2 new holsters for Commander sized IWB, Milt Sparks SS2 or Garrett Silent Thunder, curious to hear opinions. I've run and do run Kydex in different platforms but usually run Galco Combat Master in OWB so what say you? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What is your carry position? For me, I can carry a Garrett/kydex IWB forward of my hip all day, no problem, but carrying any holster IWB behind my hip is uncomfortable. VMII is a behind the hip holster.

Carry position aside, I really like the Garrett holsters, and they probably are about 2/3 price of a VMII with only a few weeks wait.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is your carry position? For me, I can carry a Garrett/kydex IWB forward of my hip all day, no problem, but carrying any holster IWB behind my hip is uncomfortable. VMII is a behind the hip holster.

I generally carry at 3-4 o'clock, I've got a Crossbreed that's really comfortable but isn't super handy for getting off or on...like the Criterion but guess I'm thinking something a little slimmer. You'd think after buying holsters for 20 years it would be easier to figure out what you like. Have to look at the VMII

Carry position aside, I really like the Garrett holsters, and they probably are about 2/3 price of a VMII with only a few weeks wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.