1911 Firearm Addicts banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts
View attachment 1283548 View attachment 1283549 View attachment 1283552 View attachment 1283561
A fella's wide body commander w/ goose bumps (Brandon/Infinity term) grip or hex as some call it w/ 120 grit tape insert & a 2019 Stacatto P-Duo stacc-ported w/ a Cheely & Cerrakote.
I have to say … that Infinity is right up my alley for styling .. I am in love ! I am really starting to think about selling a couple pistols to pay for a build 🤔very nice pistol 👍

I agree. I think with some of these latest builds, they are gaining a lot of attention from people who used to overlook them as just being makers of gaudy open guns.
Yup like me ! I never looked at them because that is exactly how I thought of them - crazy comped USPSA open pistols .. kind of meh for me . After seeing some of the builds you guys have my mind has been changed ! Damn there goes my money !

Discussion starter · #65 ·
Well. Just to use this thread as an update on my gun. I decided to add ports to mine. I just think they look good and add a degree of functionality but it also puts me into open class if I ever decide to compete. However I seriously doubt I ever will with 3 kids and a very busy life.
And you can always have Infinity fit a second non-ported barrel, their cost was very reasonable when I had inquired about that for a different design.

good point actually. That makes a lot of sense and makes my decision easier. Thanks for the input. Appreciate it :)
Hell thats got me thinking about requesting a spare ported barrel!

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Two short range trips so far and I can’t say enough good things, I absolutely love this gun! The grip, controls, balance just work super well for me. I was slightly worried about it at first being too heavy In holster draws and transitions but I was wrong. It’s so well balanced it feels lighter than it should be and it likes going fast. I plan on writing a short review once I hit a 1000 rounds, so far I’m beyond happy with it.

Two short range trips so far and I can’t say enough good things, I absolutely love this gun! The grip, controls, balance just work super well for me. I was slightly worried about it at first being too heavy In holster draws and transitions but I was wrong. It’s so well balanced it feels lighter than it should be and it likes going fast. I plan on writing a short review once I hit a 1000 rounds, so far I’m beyond happy with it.
Thats what I like to hear! Im at 10k on mine and I feel the same way as you. Like word for word.

Out of curiosity, what is the process like when your build is nearing completion? Do they just call you and say "hey it is ready" or is there some sort of heads up? I've seen people mention "my build will be ready in 2 weeks" and wondering how they get the heads up. I will be picking them up in person at the factory, and would be nice to have a little notice so as to plan my drive out around work/etc.

Out of curiosity, what is the process like when your build is nearing completion? Do they just call you and say "hey it is ready" or is there some sort of heads up? I've seen people mention "my build will be ready in 2 weeks" and wondering how they get the heads up. I will be picking them up in person at the factory, and would be nice to have a little notice so as to plan my drive out around work/etc.
For me, they just called me out of the blue and said it was done.

Discussion starter · #74 ·
In my case I called to make a small change, that’s when i was told that my build was basically ready and it just needed to be assembled and test fired. A couple of weeks later I got a phone call that it was shipping out that day.

i feel the same way about mine. It’s heavy but I shoot it about as fast as I am able. The balance and recoil impulse is so predictable. Follow up shots and transitions are super quick for me as well.

I just got my Athena last week, can't see buying an Infinity ever. I'm sure it's slightly better but wouldn't be able to justify it with already having an Atlas.
This is the same thing I thought after my second Atlas. Then I shot Steel’s and when I got home I immediately called and placed my order for one. It was a very, very noticeable difference!

PS:

My build is going to be similar to AdamS’s build except the slide will be 4.5, also ported without iron sights, requested a high polish on the flats, serrated top, steel “Signature 172” grip. And checkering on the left side of the frame for my thumb to grip, and just three large front serrations on the slide. The RMR cut will be for a RMR CC so that the mount will be as narrow as possible. According to Brandon, this has not been done before on one of his pistols.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts