New Kelly OWB Hoslter on Order

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by E39, Jan 9, 2012.

1. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    Decided I needed a holster. Was pretty much set on getting either the Kelly Outlaw or Bandit OWB. I sent an e-mail to Steven on New Year's Day and he responded! I asked for some advice and he said he had a new holster not on the web site. It's the "Swift". I ordered it in black horsehide. http://www.kelleygunleather.com/OWB_Holsters.html

HOLSTER. It's supposed to be HOLSTER in the title. I went to skool. I know how to spell.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. CIGARMAN454

CIGARMAN454 Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Great looking holster I've been considering that one. Let me know if it holds the gun close to your body, or does it hang out? Thanks

3. carljc72

carljc72 1911's & Gunleather Supporting Addict

Sep 27, 2011
    Most times I have met people and they are having issues with their holster not being tight to the body, the problem lies with the belt. A high quality gun belt is just as crucial as a high quality holster. You can have the finest holsters known to man, but the wrong belt can make them all seem like a $10 nylon holster. Just my $.02.

4. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I agree on the belt.

I have worn a belt with a quality IWB rig that I thought was a good enough belt for me. I couldn't bend it along its horizontal axis so I thought it would be just as good as what folks call a gun belt. Much cheaper too. I figured if it's pulled tight enough with an IWB setup it will work just as well.

I just got a belt from Exodus Gunleather (that's Carl the owner right up there) and I immediately saw what people have been preaching for years. It's about 50% thicker and 5000% stiffer. I can loosen it by one notch and the holster and gun don't pull my pants down. It's comfortable believe it or not. I'm now comforted AND comfortable carrying. Should I opt for OWB carry at any time I have a belt that will keep it close with no worries.

You will spend more initially, but over a lifetime you will spend less on belt leather. It's that good.

5. E39

E39 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 15, 2011
    I used my holster for the first time yesterday for a class. I have some pretty good leather belts but they're 1.25". I did not have any issues with the belt/holster moving around. I was able to draw cleanly. I was also very impressed with how close to the body the holster was with the gun it. Waiting between exercises it wasn't noticeable (weight-wise), but that may have just been from adrenalin.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted