1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BBA27370-A177-4113-BEBA-92F192706D65.jpeg
7CD2195D-7B93-4B39-9D03-4CE2D087E311.jpeg
135A3A0F-3845-4CC0-AD27-AC3D8F8A34E9.jpeg

Took my two new 1911s, a Dan Wesson Valor 5” and a Les Baer Boss to the range today. This is my first trip with the Baer and my second with the Valor.

Les Baer Boss
I bought this Baer used and it came with quite a few custom options including a blended magwell, hair trigger and extended mag release. It was flawless and accurate with both FMJ and JHP ammo. The adjustable rear sight with the fiber front make me look good at the range. I may wind up raising the trigger weight just a bit. Though I had no problems, 2lbs is a bit light for my tastes.

Dan Wesson Valor
On my first trip I thought the Valor was shooting a bit to the left. Now I think it’s just the slim grips with maybe a slight adjustment to the sights. I’m going to swap the grips out to full size for my next range trip. At ten yards, it was also exceptionally accurate.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Congrats on two sweet heaters! Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Two great heaters there! I have always liked these two models and have wanted them with mag wells but was never able to find them like that. Eventually I’m just going to have to do it myself I guess

·
Kickin back a little
965 Posts
I always liked the boss. Nice guns.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Huge fan of both companies, and those are two fine examples of 1911 goodness! Thanks for posting some eye candy!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
It would be hard to beat a Valor and a Boss for some range fun. Yeah, 2 lbs would be a little uncomfortable for my use.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Both are on my list of guns to buy. I have a stainless Valor which is one of the most accurate guns I own but I also want a duty finish one. I like the 2 tone on the Boss

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,762 Posts
My Boss is a great gun. I wouldn't want a 2lb trigger on any pistol, way too light for me!

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
2# trigger would be awesome of me. I'm used to shooting rifles in the low ounces, 4,6,8,10 oz.

Never had a Baer but I want one particular Baer, a Black Bear 9mm. I've been waiting for one to come up for sale but I guess it isn't.

Jim D

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,762 Posts
2# trigger would be awesome of me. I'm used to shooting rifles in the low ounces, 4,6,8,10 oz.

Never had a Baer but I want one particular Baer, a Black Bear 9mm. I've been waiting for one to come up for sale but I guess it isn't.

Jim D
Super light triggers are a completely different thing in a pistol than a rifle. Precision bolt rifles that you're shooting from a stable position aren't the same as a pistol in your hand, easy to double under recoil, fire early, etc..

·
Premium Member
3,606 Posts
Yes sir,
I understand that. I would never carry one with that light trigger, just for use at the range.

Jim D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts