1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided that my 2.0 Shield was getting lonely so I decided to pull the trigger on Smith鈥檚 newest carry gun. 14 total rounds in this little guy 馃く. First impressions are that it鈥檚 almost identical in size to my other Shield and the trigger is an improvement over the 2.0. Grip texture is about the same and it fits in my existing holster. Hoping for a range trip in the coming weeks.
Hand Trigger Finger Gun barrel Air gun

Registered
M&Ps are my poly-pistols of choice. Not because they鈥檙e pretty (they aren鈥檛); but because they have the same 18 degree grip angle as 1911s. Simply put; they point where you鈥檙e lookin鈥!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will follow, very curious about this pistol. I sold my other Shield and jumped on the Sig 365 bandwagon, interested in your report.
I plan on shooting it this weekend so I will definitely give you my thoughts on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don鈥檛 mind, can you please take a pic of them side by side to show the difference in grip thickness?

Just when I thought I want a hellcat, another contended pops up :)
Yes sir, I鈥檒l post a comparison soon here.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M&Ps are my poly-pistols of choice. Not because they鈥檙e pretty (they aren鈥檛); but because they have the same 18 degree grip angle as 1911s. Simply put; they point where you鈥檙e lookin鈥!
I originally went with Glock for polymer guns until I realized the grip angle made it difficult to train for both 1911s and Glock and then I switched over the M&Ps for polymer and haven鈥檛 looked back! My 1911s are still king though :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As promised, comparison pictures between 2.0 and Plus. In the first picture, the Plus is on the left and the 2.0 is on the right. The grip is slightly wider on the Plus but it actually fits in my hand better than 2.0. I plan on shooting after work today so I will provide another update once that is complete :)
Gadget Cylinder Material property Publication Tints and shades
Cabinetry Wood Musical instrument accessory Computer hardware Gadget
Table Wood Flooring Hardwood Audio equipment

Not so big Bob these days
Living in CA means I have to pay a premium to have the guns that aren't on the "approved" list. I have two Shield 9mm and two .45 acp Shields, none with thumb safeties. I did not upgrade to 2.0 and won't buy any more Shields probably. I am very fond of them and shoot them fairly well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I plan on shooting it this weekend so I will definitely give you my thoughts on it.
So I took it to the range and was only able to buy 2 boxes of 25 rounds of Hornady subsonic 147 grain. I kept 15 so I could have some for 1 mag and shot the other 35. If you鈥檙e familiar with Shields, it shoots very similarly to previous Shields with the exception of the trigger which is easily my favorite part of the gun. The grip texture is similar to the 2.0 which gives a ton of grip and the wider grip felt better under rapid fire vs my 2.0. Overall, I鈥檓 extremely happy it. I鈥檓 looking forward to ammo coming back down so I can take advantage of the 13 rounds and fill them up completely (I only fill 3 rounds per mag and do reload drills right now).

Registered
I am strongly considering selling my P365 and picking up a couple of these.

I hope the trigger change makes its way into the full size M&P's as well. After almost 20 years of complaints about that useless hinged design, some one at S&W finally decided to try something different...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I hope the trigger change makes its way into the full size M&P's as well. After almost 20 years of complaints about that useless hinged design, some one at S&W finally decided to try something different...
Agreed, the old trigger was my biggest issue with M&P but I would agree that I think it will carry over to future models.

Registered

I have several M&Ps, and while I have put Apex parts in several, I鈥檝e never felt the need to change out the actual trigger itself.

My range and training M&P9 has a trigger pull of just under 2 1/2 pounds, and my carry M&P9 has a pull weight of 3 1/2 pounds. The 鈥渉inged trigger鈥 itself has never been an issue for me.

I also have a PC Shield 9, and a .45 Shield. The .45 Shield and another M&P9 (my first, bought back in 鈥07) that I gave my wife after she completed her first training course with it, as both bone stock. The fourth one with Apex parts is an M&P9c. Both it and my 鈥渢raining鈥 M&P9 also have Wilson barrels in them.

Registered
I have several M&Ps, and while I have put Apex parts in several, I鈥檝e never felt the need to change out the actual trigger itself.

My range and training M&P9 has a trigger pull of just under 2 1/2 pounds, and my carry M&P9 has a pull weight of 3 1/2 pounds. The 鈥渉inged trigger鈥 itself has never been an issue for me.

I also have a PC Shield 9, and a .45 Shield. The .45 Shield and another M&P9 (my first, bought back in 鈥07) that I gave my wife after she completed her first training course with it, as both bone stock. The fourth one with Apex parts is an M&P9c. Both it and my 鈥渢raining鈥 M&P9 also have Wilson barrels in them.
I feel exactly the opposite and think the excessively curved design of the factory trigger along with it taking up and breaking all the way back in the trigger guard makes it the main hindrance of the platform. In the 2.0's I think the pull and break is pretty good so my issue is solely in the trigger shoe.

I will add that regardless of the shoe, I do appreciate the quality of trigger pull and break that can be obtained from the M&P, especially without needing to mess with the striker spring.

That said I like everything else about the platform and find it worthwhile to include the purchase of an Apex FSS kit every time I purchase an M&P.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel exactly the opposite and think the excessively curved design of the factory trigger along with it taking up and breaking all the way back in the trigger guard makes it the main hindrance of the platform. In the 2.0's I think the pull and break is pretty good so my issue is solely in the trigger shoe.

That said I like everything else about the platform and find it worthwhile to include the purchase of an Apex FSS kit every time I purchase an M&P.
View attachment 721991
Damn nice lineup you have there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts