New mags from Wilson Combat???

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by DukeSoprano, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    Chip McCormick design?

boatdoc likes this.

2. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I wonder how these compare to the 47D and ETM mags.

They mention a steel follower in these new mags. Are there any know issues with the polymer followers in the 47D or ETM?

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2017
    I think I'm just lucky when it comes to mags -- I have the ones that came with my Les Baers, a bunch of relatively new as well as older Shooting Stars (old one's have new springs), a half dozen Wilson 47s, a couple of Wilson 47ds, a couple of Metalforms (that came with my Colt SCG), a couple of Ed Browns that I got on the trade in program, and one 70s era Colt 7 rounder with a new spring. When I go the to range I load them all up and then just shoot the next one in the pile in whichever gun I have in my hand -- the only problem I've had is my LW commander will not feed the first hollowpoint from a fully "stuffed" Metalform. Not really a big deal, as I carry it with the 47s.

4. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Since Wilson bought Chip McCormick I’m not surprised that there is a new offering. I’ll be sticking with my ETM’s in both 45 and 9 and I have never heard of an issue with the polymer followers in the 45’s but the are inexpensive to replace if they appear worn or damaged.

Gary1911A1, boatdoc and PewPewPtwang like this.
  5. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    PewPewPtwang likes this.
  6. dsa

dsa Member

Feb 15, 2013
    They need to do a hybrid: the McCormick RPM tube and follower with the Wilson HD flat wire spring.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    For now, I would recommend the flat spring ETM's. Not the Vickers model, the slightly less expensive iteration.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  8. Longbow

Longbow Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2018
    They look like Mecgar mags and baseplates to me lol....

9. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    I do like the Railed Power Mags that Chip McCormick made up before the sale to Wilson, never an issue with them. But most of my mags are Tripp Cobra Mags and Wilson ETMs.

10. Don_P

Don_P Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 4, 2018
    I........dentical!

[​IMG]

simonp, Babboonbobo and Mike Meints like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted