1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime reader, first time poster. I really appreciate the knowledge you all share here.

I’m planning to pick up a 1911 and had a couple questions.

1) Can anyone recommend a gun shop in Northern Virginia that has a good selection of 1911s? I’d like to handle a few different makes/models before purchasing.

2) To give you an idea of my price range, I’ve been considering a new Dan Wesson or a used WC or Nighthawk. Any thoughts? If I go the used route, do I run the risk of buying someone else’s problem?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,798 Posts
Purchasing from a well respected member or sponsor from the classifieds here isn't a bad option, other than the lack of the ability to fondle said piece before purchase.

I got nuthin for you in VA, north or south.

Z

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Welcome from Illinois! We’re glad to have you here with us. I think anytime you used there’s always some risk. But as The Right Honorable Zoid has previously stated if you deal with the great folks here that risk is very slim. In my opinion it is a great idea to handle/fondle the wares first though especially if you’re not familiar with a particular type or style. Anyway good luck in your quest and again, welcome!
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory

·
Deo Volente
8,401 Posts
Longtime reader, first time poster. I really appreciate the knowledge you all share here.

I’m planning to pick up a 1911 and had a couple questions.

1) Can anyone recommend a gun shop in Northern Virginia that has a good selection of 1911s? I’d like to handle a few different makes/models before purchasing.

2) To give you an idea of my price range, I’ve been considering a new Dan Wesson or a used WC or Nighthawk. Any thoughts? If I go the used route, do I run the risk of buying someone else’s problem?

Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

You may want to go to one of the big indoor ranges that RENT 1911's in all flavors! That way you can shoot and handle them at the same time.

There are a lot of questions to consider before you purchase!

Welcome from Western Colorado!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welcome from NC, can't help in VA, sorry. I can tell you of my experiences with what I have. I purchased a used WC 45acp and a NH 9mm on Gunbroker in the past and a nearly new Les Baer Custom 45acp here recently from another Addict. Have been thrilled with all three. Communicate by email and phone until you are comfortable, check their stats as best you can and go for it. You won't go wrong with any of your preference choices. Good Luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.