1911 Firearm Addicts banner

New member from VA

2K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  Usp45ct 
#1 ·
Hello all. New member coming from the Blue Ridge. I've gained a lot of knowledge lurking on the site over my time here. Not much of a poster, but maybe I can pass some experience on someday when a question pops up in my wheelhouse.

Been a Glock 19 shooter most of my time, but recently have been pulled back to the 1911. My truck was one of the last sticks on the market, I like old guitars, & taking things apart is an obsession of mine, so the 1911 was a natural progression. (current political climate in VA has also spurred training up on "low capacity" blasters.).

For my 40th I picked up a used/unfired NHC GAP, a whole lot of 45, a good ccw holster, and have been chewing up steel on my back 40 pistol range ever since. Learning what the gun can and can't do compared to modern platforms, but ultimately it is hardly ever not by my side.. Are there more practical choices today? Being honest with myself... probably, ya... but as Obi Wan said: 'This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.'.... and when have movies ever lied to us?

Regards
Gun Trigger Gun accessory Air gun Gun barrel

See less See more
#8 ·
Another welcome from the darkest blue state of Hellinois!
We’ll be watching closely what goes on tomorrow.
I think VA is the test bed for disarming the country.
Would not be surprised if a False Flag was in the works.
Gods speed my friend.
You made a fine choice in 1911s!

Nighthawks are are awesome!
Brown Yellow Gun Firearm Ammunition

#14 ·
Thanks all. Yes we're in for a fight here. I'm being cautiously optimistic. The sanctuary movement has been quite effective, lead by friends, family, and neighbors in over 90% of our counties. Sb16, the most draconian of the bills was tabled day one. Now that doesn't mean it's not going to rear it's ugly head in bits and pieces (it will) and several bills are still getting passed. (background checks, red flag laws, etc.) but if we can prevent the worst of them from passing, and the grassroots force that flooded county meetings shows up in force to the poles next election, we can turn the state around..... I hope. Virginians own guns. Lots of them. Even Democrats. I hope the politicians begin to realize that.

Little story of encouragement. Prince William County went from red to blue. Red approved sanctuary, blue vowed to repeal it immediately after being sworn in. On the day of the vote, they moved the public hearing from 7 to 2, in an attempt to draw smaller crowds. It also happens to be in the midst of
the first snow & ice storm of the year. (we handle snow here... poorly.). Regardless, so many citizens showed up, they were there for 6 hours hearing speakers and delayed the vote. They'll probably still repeal the resolution if they havent already, but there's a silver lining to be seen here....if we get through tomorrow without some clown shoe or group of clown shoes giving them an opportunity to say "SEE!!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.