1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,750 Posts
Those are sweet lookin' revolvers... always a sucker for that full underlug barrel.

·
We Are!
2,686 Posts
I really like this era of S&W .45 N-frames - this and the Model of 1989. Very nice!

Reactions: UBOATDOC

·
Turgid member
526 Posts
Maybe I'm preaching to the choir but check under those grips for corrosion.

·
middle aged white guy
5,654 Posts
I don't care if it's filthy or not. That is a beaut.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,070 Posts
Congrats!
I have its brother.

Love me some big ol N frames that shoot dem big ol fat bullets.

·
Premium Member
8,420 Posts
Great catch! I've got a S&W 25-5 6" Nickle, S&W 25-2, 6 1/2" Blue, and a Both with presentation boxes. Also a S&W 29-2 4" Nickle in a presentation box. Love them big Smiths.
20200310_151909.jpg

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Good looking Revolver!
Always enjoy my 625 ad all my other revolvers
Keep adding to the collection, another sub-addiction!! LOL

Reactions: Series70

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice pistol! I too have an 625 1988 model. Shoot it often and it is accurate! Love shooting Steel Challenge shoots with it and really ringing those plates.

If you hand load pay attention COAL. My 1911 target loads required a push of the loaded clip into the cylinder to get it seated. Seated the bullets just a bit shorter they fall right in. The forward edge of the front driving band was hanging up on the cylinder throat. Same issue with some of Berry’s plated bullets. Ogive hitting throats seated to book specs. Lee RNFP are a no go, they need seated much too deep. Problem get more apparent as you shot and the cylinder gets dirty. Read somewhere on a forum that S&W made some slight adjustments to the cylinders sometime later in production.

Got some Starline 45AR brass I hope to try this spring. Love the clips but like trying new (to me) things.

If your looking for clips try to find Ranch Products. Buying direct from them a few years ago was $30/100. Much cheaper than catalog/web stores. Top quality clips. Stay away from the ones in bins at Gun Shows. My experience with those is poor.

Rob

P.S. Here’s Ranch Products web site. Phone number is at bottom. I was successful calling with my order, didn’t do anything online.
http://ranchproducts.com/index.html

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have some clips but hate messing with them. Besides, loading 200 gr SWC mounted on clips is laughable. I bought a bunch of Auto Rim brass for my 1955 Target and use that. I should just buy the tool I guess.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've just developed a major jones for one of these, I'd never considered a .45 ACP revolver because of moon clips. But then someone educated me on .45 AR, now it looks like my CZ 97 BD is going to be looking for a new home. Beautiful guns BTW guys, later.

Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts