1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nighthawk Counselor arrives tomorrow. Would value thoughts on what, if any, cleaning and lubing others due to a new 1911 before they go to the range.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've always liked TW-25 but really as long as you have some oil, it shouldn't matter. With your frame being aluminum I'd watch it getting dry.

Cleaning, I just do a safe check and have the barrel dry. Then a basic lube up of common areas.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use M-Pro 7 to clean and oil/grease my Sig's. I keep plenty of grease on the rails and will do so on the Counselor.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have one in transit, arrival likely early this week. Be interested to hear your initial experiences. As for your question, my approach is to keep it flooded with lube first couple hundred rounds, especially alloy framed guns.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one in transit, arrival likely early this week. Be interested to hear your initial experiences. As for your question, my approach is to keep it flooded with lube first couple hundred rounds, especially alloy framed guns.
Not sure what time it will arrive at my FFL but hopefully I will get to the range late tomorrow or early Tuesday. Will post a review.

I definitely will keep plenty of lube on rails and other contact points.

Reactions: Spokes

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with Nighthawk Customer Service. I was told that each gun is shipped with a bottle of Gibbs. Additionally, I was told that after the factory test fired each gun was cleaned and lubed. Therefore, each gun was ready to use. Unfortunately, my LGS opens at 10 AM and Fed Ex attempted to deliver at 8:55 AM. Hopefully, FedEx will deliver tomorrow.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,524 Posts
I own a Counselor, it's amazing. I like M-Pro-7 as well. I have about 400 rounds thrpugh my Counselor and like everything about it.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
gibbs is great to clean with. I break in all my guns with Synco SUPER LUBE multi purpose oil.

lube the frame rails and ejector and the slide areas that are exposed to friction(barrel links too) as well as the end of the barrel

enjoy the toy

Reactions: mwhartman

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up my Counselor midmorning. Went to the range and shot 200 rounds. No issues. Shot some old Remington 124 (will not buy that again). This is the first time I shot with the HEINIE STRAIGHT EIGHT SLANT PRO sights. Overall this is a really sweet pistol. Want to shoot another 200 to 300 rounds before I start to carry. I imagine by the end of the month the Counselor will be my favorite EDC. This was my fist mag at 15 yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
expect mine tomorrow, along with 40 degrees returning to KY --- maybe after lunch some outside time?
I imagine you will like it very much. I think it will be an outstanding carry gun. I want to get a few more mags. Spent too much time reloading today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts