New Novak Custom 1911's?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by AJP, May 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I was wondering if anyone has or has fondled one of the new Custom Novak 1911's. They look good, and I like a lot of the classic Novak options, but wondered if anyone here has any first hand experience with them they could share? Thanks

2. JRK1990

JRK1990 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Interested as well, They look good in the pictures besides the Novak logo at the front of the gun not a fan of that personally but outside that they look sharp!

AJP likes this.

3. RMF308

RMF308 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2019
    I think they look very tempting and I’ve always been curious in their ‘The Answer’ mainspring housing. I also don’t mind the Novak stamp on the front slide, it’s retro and reminds me of the Raven on my GSP. 20+ years ago I sent in a Smith 3rd gen 4516 to Novak’s for a full house custom package and they forgot to put the ‘Novak sight ‘ stamp on the slide, I was a little disappointed at first, but their turn around for my Smith was 12 days so I really couldn’t complain very much. I’m sure their wait times for work is a bit longer now :)

BTW- Every time I pull out my Novak High Power from the safe....I see their logo on the slide and just smile. Novak’s is old school cool with its Wayne Novak’s custom work pedigree and lineage going back to Armond Swenson.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    cgff, hpguru, simonp and 4 others like this.
  4. Austin Millbarge

Austin Millbarge Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2018
    Resurrecting this thread.

Anybody seen or tried one?

5. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I sold a Novak last year with the answer package. It was a fantastic gun but an older one.

6. Austin Millbarge

Feb 24, 2018
    I have one from the 90’s.

Curious how the new ones are in comparison.

7. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    yep......the one that got away

Whiskey Sour and bnaples like this.
  8. bnaples

bnaples Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    PWS is keeping it safe and warm. Lol

duketbrd88 likes this.
  9. Whiskey Sour

Whiskey Sour Blossoming Addict

Apr 13, 2017
    I am interested too; Many of the models seem to be sold out. I personally really love the novak logo on the slide.

RMF308 likes this.
  10. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I had a Novak FBI Spec build that I added "The Answer" to and sold it here years back. I had seen it pass hands multiple times and always wanted it back.

I might order a new Novak. Their prices are actually a little lower on what they have. So that jumped out to me. I am not sure why they are using melonite over bluing.

11. Austin Millbarge

Feb 24, 2018
    Bringing this back from the dead.

Anybody had one?

ZoidMeister likes this.
  12. jmm

jmm Member

Jul 19, 2018
    I have one! A 2017 build with "The Answer" backstrap. Love it. LW with all of the custom features they offer. Ridiculously accurate. Carry it daily in a Garrett AIWB rig.

13. Whiskey Sour

Whiskey Sour Blossoming Addict

Apr 13, 2017
    :pics:

I am still interested as well. Thanks for bringing this thread back @Austin Millbarge

14. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    I talked to them a few years ago. At the time, they were busy making their sights and doing the grunt-work for Gunsite.

I showed them my Gunsite BHP (in .40cal), and they showed me an experimental BHP in 45GAP.

wobblie likes this.
  15. jmm

jmm Member

Jul 19, 2018
  16. Austin Millbarge

Feb 24, 2018
  17. jmm

jmm Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Novak LW Commander w/ Kart Barrel, Novak fiber optic front and rear, NM Bushing, Reliability Package, Ambi Safety, Aluminum match trigger, checker front strap, bevel magazine well, fair in frame lines, carry bevel treatment, refinish black nitride, Wolff spring set, and of course, checkered "The Answer" backstrap.

18. Austin Millbarge

Feb 24, 2018
    Recent build? Quality work? Any problems?

19. jmm

jmm Member

Jul 19, 2018
    2017. Very good quality. I have had no issues with it. It goes bang all the time. Rarely clean it. Just keep it wet and it eats everything. Maybe shot 2000 rounds thru it. Carry loads are 160 Barnes and 230 HST. Never missed a beat with either one. Have 5 Novak 8 rounders that I cycle thru.

Austin Millbarge likes this.
  20. bladeandbarrel

bladeandbarrel ISO The Very Best 1911's Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2019
    A friend got one of their recent builds and loves it. Very nice guns for the $$!

AJP and Austin Millbarge like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted