New on forum from NE Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MusProd, Oct 10, 2011.

1. MusProd

MusProd Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Quack pointed me here, and after poking around I registered. Like Quack, I am from NE Ohio (in a Cleveland suburb), and he and I had exchanged a couple of messages on the 1911Forum.

I began shooting again after a 30 plus year absence, and have really been enjoying it. I was a bull's-eye competitor, but being rear ended by a loaded tandem axle dump truck did so much soft tissue damage that I could no longer even hold a pistol extended. I healed pretty much completely, but the National Guard Armory we shot at had then closed to civilian shooters, and I did not pursue alternative sites.

I am currently shooting a SIG P239, a Springfield 1911 SS Loaded Target, and a new Springfield EMP, all in 9mm. Additionally I have great fun with my High Standard "The Victor" .22.

Marksmanship came back pretty quickly after I found a great local coach and did some one on one work with him. I have since taken a couple of his classes and have another Basic Tactical class coming up at the end of this month.

So, greetings to all.

MP

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Welcome aboard, MP! Good to have you; you're in great company. Nice collection so far; I wouldn't mind seeing photos of the High Standard. :thumb:

Andy

3. LBC45

LBC45 In Therapy, no hope

Sep 8, 2011
    Welcome to a great forum. Regards.

4. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Welcome, from Parma Heights!

5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Post pics of the High Standard then you can leave as we have enough guys from NE Ohio already. :rofl2: Just kidding as they are some great guys. Welcome to a fun place to hang out and learn all kinds of stuff. Some of it you won't even want to know.

6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    :welcometo:

Those Victors are rather good shooters!

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome, from another suburb of Cleveland.

8. claire

claire Anger Management Graduate

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi Hi MusProd! :wave: Welcome!

claire

9. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    Welcome MusProd! I recognize the handle from the emp subforum, welcome aboard, many fine folks over here :thumb:

10. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Greetings fellow Buckeye, from SW Ohio!

:welcometo:

DAT85

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome aboard from the Hokie Compound in the (440). :thumb:

12. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Welcome, MusProd! :smile:

Hey, where are you going for class at the end of the month? I'm repeating CFA's "AP1" on the 29th. :smile: I'm always looking for more training.

13. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    1911Forum - that's funny I just got banned from there - lol... Welcome I am new as well -

14. thecableguy

thecableguy I hate this addiction Supporting Addict

Aug 16, 2011
  15. MusProd

MusProd Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Right to Carry, LLC, which is run by a terrific Euclid police sargent, coach, and competitive shooter, is holding its Basic Tactical Handgun class at Atwell's in Painsville on Oct. 30th. I took this class a few months ago using my SIG, and now I want to do it again with my Springfield EMP.

It was a great class last time, so I'm expecting the same this time around.

Regards all the way from Beachwood,

MP

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  16. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  17. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Cool! Thanks for the tip!

I'll definitely put their classes on my list, too. :smile: I originally had wanted to repeat another instructor's course on the 30th, but after having signed up for CFA's course on the 29th, I'd wager that my wife would have me castrated, if I did a second day away. :lol:

I'm right around the corner from you, in the Sussex neighborhood. :smile: My daughter and I were actually a little all over the place today, as she had the day off from school - I took the day off from work to spend it with her. We zipped around a bit, getting various chores done, and took lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (one of her favorites). If you saw a little blue Subaru with some ridiculously large (for the car) Hella driving lamps on the front of it, that was us!!!

18. Chris

Chris YOU ****!!!! Supporting Addict

Aug 17, 2011
    Welcome :wave:

19. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  20. MusProd

MusProd Member

Oct 10, 2011
    This picture was taken before I purchased the Springfield EMP 9mm, but a picture of that pistol is very common.

The High Standard "The Victor" (Hamden, CT.) is 4.5 inch barrel .22lr from ~ 1973. It is a gem of shooter.

[​IMG]

MP

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted