New online payment system coming soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IraG2362, Feb 15, 2012.

1. IraG2362

IraG2362 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 3, 2011
    New online payment system coming soon UPDATE

Guys , just a heads up on a project I am doing to allow Gun folks and others who cannot deal with paypal for fear of losing their accounts( i know all about it as I have had 3 accounts locked for BS) It is going to be called FastPay and to start it will allow Buyer to send funds directly to the sellers credit/debit card for a small % charged to each.. We will eventually expand to cash accounts etc similar to PP. We will allow customers to send each other funds for anything legally owned in the USA.

More details to follow...

As promised some more news. Ok the name of the venture will be called Freedom Payment as we now own the name and the website construction begins tomorrow along with our lawyers contacting the ATF and working on trademarks etc.. We are projecting to have the site running 30 -60 days and it will be rolled out here and a Florida forum I also frequent (Florida shooters network). To ensure that the seller actually ships the items sold to the buyer, we will have a link to either UPS or Fed ex (maybe both) where the check out cannot be done with out completing the shipping part first. The funds are held until the buyer or his say FFL receive the item sold . At that time the buyer finishes his part of the check out by confirming the delivery on the website and the funds will be released 12 hours ( as compared to 2-3 days with PP)to the seller. This way there is no more BS stories about shipping we all have heard.
    Now this is our first steps and of course things may change a little as we do more work but I think it could work great for both parties for a safe and secure way to do transaction on the net.

we are also going to try and offer Freedompayment certified shops, these FFL holders will get increased traffic by being recommended by us for Transfers but in return they will have to offer a low cost transfer fees. they will also benefit from the lowest Credit card process fee's on the market which will help save dollars for them.

I hope you guys find this as exciting as I do , a way to pay each other with out PP telling you what you can and can't sell, also a more secure way then just sending a MO and hoping for the best.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ira, I think this is your billion $ idea!

PS: I haven't forgotten about those springs either, just haven't ordered anything yet.

3. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    not worried brother..

4. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    Ensure that you check with a buisness lawyer. I think it is a wonderful idea. Just don't want something bad to happen to a good guy doing a good thing.

5. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    Mech, that is all covered as this will be a division of Merchant Services LTD which is one of the largest credit card processors in the country.( My brother and his buddy run it. this is my brain child)

6. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    Ira, didn't we discuss this once before? I don't remember if it was here or another place, but I'm getting déjà vu! Either way, you've got the idea of the century right there. Good luck with it, and I hope I get to use it soon!

7. Blue Ridge

Nov 3, 2011
    It came up here back around Thanksgiving, if I remember. It's a brilliant idea, and I hope to use it too. I never understood why PP gave a crap what you were spending the money on or selling.

8. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    Dude...cool. tell me more ira when you know. I'm interested!

9. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    yes I once hinted about a few months back, but we are now moving towards getting it running , hopefully within weeks or less.

10. dilespla

dilespla Never made it to step 12 Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    That's awesome man. If you need help spreading the word let us know. We can pepper the planet!

11. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    i wouldn't expect less from this band of addicts I now call friends.. :eyebrows:

12. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    a little update .. we just decided we will be calling it GunPay

13. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Awesome idea, I hope it takes off for you. :thumb:

14. Blue Ridge

Nov 3, 2011
    Just a thought, GunPal ripped so many people off, you might want to consider something a hair farther from that name...

15. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    I agree , my partner is sought of stuck with the name now.. we will see what happens.

16. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Great idea! :thumb:

Live your dream,this could be a break of a lifetime!
    Gun owners everywhere are sick of the crap PP and others have pulled on us for so long.:mad2:

DAT85

17. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    call it Fund-a-gat

Great idea thou. Best of luck and if it flies i will be using it.

18. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    FreedomExchange... :thumb: Cheers.. Ron

19. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I sure hope you are going to start with enough working capital to cover the cash flow requirements. GunPal couldn't do it and lots of folks lost money.

20. IraG2362

Sep 3, 2011
    we wont actually ever really hold any funds funds to begin with as it will all at the time of transaction, the accounts are just lets say access to the system but not really a bank like system of paypal or gpal. The Capitol is there but it isn't really needed for our customers to do their transactions. It will be more clear soon.

Once we have the model up and running , I will be able to explain more. But feel free to ask me questions as those questions could lead to improvements and a better service for you.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted