1911 Firearm Addicts banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I would like to see them put something for the competition crowd and maybe try and break back into that market.

XC is outclassed in USPSA Open and not useable in IDPA. XL isn’t useable in IDPA and I believe it’s not on production list in USPSA. The P’s are snappy compared to most 5” 2011 counterparts, so seeing them come out with a lightened slide/5” gun at Staccato P pricing may be a hot ticket, instead of gouging consumers by charging $1000 markup on XL for extra .5” compared to P.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would like to see them put something for the competition crowd and maybe try and break back into that market.

XC is outclassed in USPSA Open and not useable in IDPA. XL isn’t useable in IDPA and I believe it’s not on production list in USPSA. The P’s are snappy compared to most 5” 2011 counterparts, so seeing them come out with a lightened slide/5” gun at Staccato P pricing may be a hot ticket, instead of gouging consumers by charging $1000 markup on XL for extra .5” compared to P.
That would be awesome as well, but IMHO Staccato is more committed to the duty market and less interested in the competition market…

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looking at it from their end; what are the holes in their lineup while maintaining what they they are known for - 9 mm double stack/hi cap.

To me, that points to two areas; 5 inch model and or something smaller than the C2.

Thats were I would put my betting money.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm new here and am seriously considering the P, but I guess I just may wait until more info is available on their new offering.
If it were me, I would would wait also...Never know what this new offering is and the P isn't going anywhere in the near future....

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Font Electric blue

No, but need to look that up. I’m not super familiar with his work, although I recall all the consternation around his drop in barrels for staccato’s.
Really cool little guns, I believe they are full customs from him. Here is the first one I saw in DSC's Instagram. I believe @Flanntastic has one.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts