1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Contact Deb at SACS (if she still works there) ... she was/is the customer service coordinator and I have had positive experiences with her in the past.

I bet if you show her that picture she will have it on the way back to the mother-ship ASAP.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
They might as well just send you another gun. I had a Berretta 92FS Inox with a defective coating on the crown of the barrel. They didn't mess around and sent me a whole new gun. And that's just a $1K pistol. It will take a lot of work and labor to get that Springer right. See what C/S says. I'm upset just looking at it. $3K? BS.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have a message to Springfield and the dealer. I unfortunately I was quite excited when I did the transfer and overlooked it. I was concerned more with looking for wear and ensuring it was a new gun. We’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
295 Posts
There’s a video somewhere on YouTube of SACS gunsmiths overlooking guns with a magnified loop. How in the heck does something like this leave the shop?

The gun is fully in battery right? I mean these things are tight new so maybe the slide isn’t all the way forward???

If so, they need to make that right. I just don’t see how it leaves the shop that way...

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts

·
What me worry ?
10,883 Posts
Personally, I would be concerned with the quality control of any company that would offer a $3000 pistol in that condition.
I’d demand my money back as apposed to letting them hack at it again . There are many alternatives from companies that get it right and would never let that mess leave their hands .
I hope you didn’t order and wait for that , shame on Springfield.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Maybe try shooting 100rds through it first. Just maybe it might settle in, idk. Just a thought. Worth a try. Maybe there is a burr or finish build up somewhere.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Without firing a live bullet I’m sure it’s in battery. I used snap caps to load via slide stop and pulling back on the slide and releasing and was able to fire.
Is there a snap cap in the chamber in the pic of rear of slide?
When I bought my Pro I had to tap the slide into battery a few times the first 100 rounds. Smoothed out after that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well I am embarrassed. I took the pistol apart to match numbers, they all do. At the suggestion of my wife, I tried to push the slide forward really, really hard. The slide eventually went all the way closed, but it took more effort to than opening the action to get it to move. I apologize for putting a bad light on CS at Springfield. I will follow up with them.

My question now is it normal for the fire controls to be operational with that much variance of lock/battery? I didn’t think there was any forward movement left since I was able to “fire” on snap caps.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well I am embarrassed. I took the pistol apart to match numbers, they all do. At the suggestion of my wife, I tried to push the slide forward really, really hard. The slide eventually went all the way closed, but it took more effort to than opening the action to get it to move. I apologize for putting a bad light on CS at Springfield. I will follow up with them.

My question now is it normal for the fire controls to be operational with that much variance of lock/battery? I didn’t think there was any forward movement left since I was able to “fire” on snap caps.
We've all done something like this over the course of our firearms enthusiasm (some of us many times) -- good on you for catching and correcting it. No biggie. ;)

Fire controls shouldn't be operational outside of battery, but it's a question of just a few ten thousandths of an inch between go and no-go. Likely you're good, just do your standard 1911 function and safety checks.

SACS historically hard fits the Professional and it takes live fire to bring it into perfect harmony. Let us know where things stand after some shooting. Be safe, have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Just checked and manually replicating the slide out of battery to the very small degree yours was in the pic and my 1911 fire controls still functions. Basically, if you're not engaging the disconnector at all, the hammer will drop.

I think you're good to go. ;)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts

Best outcome possible. If you had sent it in, what was left of your confidence, in SACS, was going to be even more shattered, when they told you it lined up, for them. The hate parade would have cast an erroneous bad light on SACS. Thank you, for admitting it was on your part. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

You might add an “ETA” line to the opening post, so the one post readers don’t pile on.

How well does it fit, now?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts