close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New production Ithacas

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by zaskar017, Sep 12, 2011.

1. zaskar017

zaskar017 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I saw one in the photo thread and have always been kinda interested in the GI model they have.
    Are there any opinions to the overall quality of them.
    I know $1500 is quite steep for a GI type pistol that is close, but not an exact replica of the original

Thoughts?

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Bac has the other one (NON-GI) and really likes it. I would assume the GI is good as well.

3. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, Brian speaks very highly of his. I thought he was going to do a comparison of some sort with it. They are built locally about 45 min from my place. I have a buddy that has mentioned heading over to tour the factory. I hope to do that sometime. They seem to be a nice gun, but they had better be at that price point. You are sniffing Baers, and the Valor is right there and are mighty fine guns for the money.

4. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    I can't recall seeing any photos or reviews of the GI one, but I'm interested to hear more.

A properly-made GI-style gun intrigues me. :thumb:

Andy

5. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
    I love mine.

I have yet to see the GI version, nor is it listed on the website.

6. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, Paul.

I still need to get that done. I took the TRP, Ithaca, and Doublestar all to the range together.

7. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I want to see that comparison.

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    +1 on that. That will be interesting to see how those stack up. 3 heavy hitters in the "high-end production" segment.

9. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    When they first put out their initial run of pistols(the ones that had machine turned barrel hoods and a presentation case),I called and talked to an individual who was in the 1911 department at the facility.

A lot of vague answers were given as to my questions about forgings and small parts as well as assembly.

I would really like to hear more of their story.
    They are a local company, and the company has a lot of history in the shooting community.I am all for continuing a firearms company's tradition.

DAT85

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  10. zaskar017

Sep 7, 2011
    The GI version isn't listed on their site anymore. They only made 50 of them.
    MSRP was around $1500 and the few that I have seen pop up on gunbroker and auction arms are priced at $1500

I am sure it will be hard to get feedback on the GI version because of so few actually made.
    The sad part is, they could have sold a bunch if they weren't priced so high. For the same money you can one of the two other versions

11. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011
    It was a fun day at the range. I have all the data. I just need to get it typed up. Unfortunately, writting isn't nearly as fun as shooting. :laugh:

12. bac1023

Aug 15, 2011

Anything against getting the enhanced version? Its a great 1911.

13. zaskar017

Sep 7, 2011
    I don't have anything against them, I am just wanting a more traditional looking pistol.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted