1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am not a real revolver guy. I own a couple.

But I can appreciate beauty. Wow they are gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses and I when I get back from the ranch in NM I am going to load up some ammo and try it out. Just happen to have a large quantity of 185 Hornady XTP's bought many years ago for my 44mag pistols. Loaded all of those with 24grs of 2400 but not in this pistol lol. The 2400 make quite a muzzle flash and with the Hydra Ports it would be brutal on this little guy! Going to get out even the old manuals and look at possible recipes and with the newer powders who knows what will be the ticket. Marc used the 200 gr XTP and a very stiff load of unique to fire the test target. :) Hope I can replicate the accuracy with the 185's!

·
Official Hi-Point Brand Representative
638 Posts
That is VERY sharp. While I typically don’t have an eye for “modernized” revolvers, this one I amazing and I’d love to shoot/own one

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beautiful revolver, Gemini does top work! What load levels does Marc say the reworked Ruger is safe with?
Thanks! LOL he uses a very warm load of Unique over a 180 XTP.. Going to use something similar but with a 200gr XTP which I already have a couple of thousand I bought years ago for my 44 mags and only used a couple of boxes because I went to the 454.

Was out at the ranch last week and it shipped Friday will be picking it up tomorrow. Will post some additional pics. He said he did a "little more" to it after the other pics were taken!

·
Make it a double
16,826 Posts
I normally shoot specials in my 44. I feel they are powerful enough and I’m way more accurate with them. I have a single action that I can shoot the fleas off a dog with specials. I get a little flinchy with mags. Again, that is really nice. I know you will enjoy that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts