1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think the Altamonts on the current Pythons are laminated wood, those look a lot better, like whole walnut blocks. Now, I don't think the Altamonts on my 6" Python look bad, per se, but those look better.
Mad, I actually like the original laminated grips. The originals had a defect with how the medallion was mounted on one side. It was not good. I contacted Colt and they replaced them but the replacements had a defect (splintered) on the same side. So I ordered a set of Altamont walnut grips. They looked great , nice quality but they were very light in color. I wanted a darker set. Over on the C forum I found out about this company. They do great work (they explain their trigger guard fit on their website). With these I got a totally better look. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got a nice set. I didn't. The hole for the medallion on mine was way to large , the grip looked bad. The replacement set had a splinter on the same side so I couldn't make a good set. Anyway I'm happy now. :)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
New grips better color with the SS Python. These are reproduction gen 2 from Deer Hollow. Excellent job. Very satisfied with these.

Nice to see another CFF member here. Nice grips. Look much better than some of what Colt is shipping today.

Reactions: redz

·
Registered
156 Posts
Probably one of my biggest complaints with the new Pythons is the grips, they just scream cheap cost cutting measure, which in my opinion, kinda goes against what the original Pythons were. These grips are beautiful, absolutely makes a world of difference in appearance imo. I wish I could get some of these that fit a 686, I'd be all over that!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice. I was torn between the full checkers and the Gen 2 ones. I have a couple of 59 models with the full checkers (one of which is a 357) . But I tend to shoot the Gen 2 grips better so I went in that direction. Deer Hollow does an amazing job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts