1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts
Looks great! I'm waiting on mine as we speak. How's the trigger? Did it come with two cylinders? Hard to tell by Talo's descriptions if it's either .45ACP or LC or both.

Reactions: gps man

·
7,829 Posts
I love SAAs but could never get into the birdshead grips
I didn't think I'd like the birdshead but I have a 3.75" .45acp Vaquero with the birdshead grip and it is shockingly soft shooting and easy to handle. I was quite surprised. I don't like the look as much as the classic "plow handle" style, but it sure works well.

·
Your ad goes here for $20/month or $200/year
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually didn’t think I’d like the birds head grip either. I would t say I really like it per se, but it’s not awful either. And this is a soft shooter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks great! I'm waiting on mine as we speak. How's the trigger? Did it come with two cylinders? Hard to tell by Talo's descriptions if it's either .45ACP or LC or both.
I bet you got yours by now, but just to state for the thread: It does come with 2 cylinders to provide 45ACP or 45LC capability.

I had a convertible 45 but it was stainless with the 3.75" barrel (this one says 4") and bisley grip. Model 0475 I think.
Pretty easy to carry, but not everyday. I thought about a birdshead for it but in my eye BH grips look too disproportionately small on the big frames.
I have a single-six in 32H&R with a birdshead and love it on that frame size. See my picture of it in the watches/photography thread.
Enjoy your Rugers. Glad to see I am not the only sixgun fan here.

·
7,829 Posts
I bet you got yours by now, but just to state for the thread: It does come with 2 cylinders to provide 45ACP or 45LC capability.

I had a convertible 45 but it was stainless with the 3.75" barrel (this one says 4") and bisley grip. Model 0475 I think.
Pretty easy to carry, but not everyday. I thought about a birdshead for it but in my eye BH grips look too disproportionately small on the big frames.
I have a single-six in 32H&R with a birdshead and love it on that frame size. See my picture of it in the watches/photography thread.
Enjoy your Rugers. Glad to see I am not the only sixgun fan here.
Hoping to finally pick mine up this weekend. I placed my order through forum member Chicken Dinner Arms (Jeremy has been great to work with) when they first hit the distributors but when the gun got to him it was in sad shape - the finish was scuffed up, the grip screw head and the ejector housing screw head were all buggered up, and there was a bunch of white adhesive looking stuff on and around the front sight. I was quite surprised considering it was a brand new gun. He returned it and the distributer sent another, this one is in far better shape but the grip screw head still looks like they used the wrong screwdriver. And, I didn't realize it until after looking at the pics for the 5th or 6th time (and it had already been shipped) but it doesn't have the black micarta grips, it has a set of the same black and gray laminated grips as my .45ACP Vaquero! I'll be calling Ruger on the grips one I pick it up. After this I had no intention of ever buying another new Ruger but they just came out with the 57 and I'll probably cross my fingers and order one.
Anyway, I still can't wait to finally get my hands on the Carryhawk. Have you shot yours yet?

Reactions: gps man
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.