New shooter target (young boy with a .22 or a lady with a new .38sp snubby)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ButchA, Feb 24, 2019.

1. ButchA

ButchA Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2016
    I was thinking about brand new target shooters and ways to try and help them out. I reflected back on my own childhood with my dad and my old Marlin 60 .22lr rifle (everyone has had one of those!), and how my dad helped me when I was a kid. So, I got creative again in Photoshop and made a new target designed for brand new shooters. Feel free to download this, print it out on white cardstock paper, and take your kid out target shooting, take your grandson out shooting with a little .22 rifle like everyone has back in the day. Keep the tradition going...

What do you think of this idea for a target (complete with a confidence boosting message at the top)??

[​IMG]

2. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018

3. ButchA

ButchA Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Thanks, I had the idea of a funny message at the top, like those NFL segments on ESPN a few years ago when they'd have those hilarious "C'mon man" clips! LOL... :D

4. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Very nice, Butch! And I really like the “Keep the tradition going” thing!

ButchA and gps man like this.
  5. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
  6. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    Good deal Butch! Thanks for sharing. It should help my grandson. He’s using his BB gun on the range I made him in the basement. He’s ten but he tends to over think it. He’ll aim and aim for so long you can see him trembling. Maybe if he just concentrates on keeping it inside the 7 ring, he won’t try to be so fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xerts1191 and ButchA like this.
  7. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    One of the stupid things I’ve done in my life selling my 60

ButchA likes this.
  8. ButchA

ButchA Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2016
    I still have mine (well, now it's owned by my daughter, who (at age 16) outshot me with it back in the day!).

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted