1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SA with GI style sights. In days past, I would probably have been fine with that, but my eyes have deteriorated to the point that I have a really hard time picking up the front sight. Obviously, when wearing readers to see the sight, I can no longer see the target very well past about about 5 yards. I have fired some handguns that have enough contrast in the front sight, that I can see it much better(seems a wider rear sight notch helps, in addition to a hi vis front)

I need a recommendation, and a smith to install, in the Dallas area. I have one quote for $200 to cut the dovetails front and rear, or $60 to install into the factory GI cut and replace with front tenon. (sights not included) I have been looking at the Novak Ghost for the rear,
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...ear-night-sight-prod9672.aspx?avs|Make_3=1911
and possibly something along these lines for the front
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...ght-government-prod21227.aspx?avs|Make_3=1911

If you know someone in the area local to Dallas/Ft.Worth, PM me with a contact or a quote.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,159 Posts
This discussion was had a couple days ago with another addict. I believe he settled on one of the rear sights listed above and I suggested he contact Novak and talk to them about dovetailing the front and having one of their sights installed. He called them and was pleased with the convo and turn around time they quoted him.
Just another option.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
This discussion was had a couple days ago with another addict. I believe he settled on one of the rear sights listed above and I suggested he contact Novak and talk to them about dovetailing the front and having one of their sights installed. He called them and was pleased with the convo and turn around time they quoted him.
Just another option.
Novak is a great option.
All sorts of the sights you're looking for and they will usually turn your slide around in a week with the new sights on it!
Worth the investment, FWIW

Reactions: gps man
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.