1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an inquiry asking if STI did TIN or DLC coatings on their barrels and they said they did not. I asked if it would void the warranty if I had it done somewhere else and they said yes. They mentioned changing anything even cosmetics would void the warranty. Just to be clear I asked if adding the Dawson Precision Magwell would void the warranty too and they said yes.
Seems excessive but I think this is something worth noting.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't think they can or will get away with it. I mean WTF does sending the grip to ES have to do with say the barrel lug breaking? I understand if the grip breaks it's not on them but anything unrelated to the grip should still be covered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s good news. The emails earlier today said it did. Might be worth letting the customer service team know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good deal thanks. I would like to say that I had a small issue with a magazine and the customer service was excellent. I also called with a few questions and again the person I spoke with was very helpful and pleasant.

·
Registered
51 Posts
"If the gun has been altered in any way there is a possibility that it could void your warranty if the modification caused the issue."

Straight out of our warranty. The main reason DLC could be a cause for voiding warranty is some types of DLC are done at a temperature too high for certain types stainless steel, so DLC'ing a barrel could lead to barrel failure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again. I was actually only concerned with the magwell since I literally just installed it last night. I understand the manufacture has to have limitations otherwise you open the door to anything. My intention wasn't to sound negative towards STI, it was only to bring the "cosmetic" warranty information up. I'm more than happy with my purchase, and the customer service. Not to mention your followup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts