1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
After a month of calling and emailing with no luck, I put down a deposit (25%!) for a new P DUO at an STI Premier Dealer abut an hour from where I live. That was in November. Came in two weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I got one of the last of them in .45ACP. Get one now or don't get one at all.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
You can get all the new Duos in Europellet caliber you want from STI/Staccato. Getting them in God's Caliber is what is now difficult.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stopped by the LGS and couldn't resist. Two trips to the range, 300 rounds, and so far it's been perfect. Except a minor magazine issue. Wish I would have gotten the duo but at least I have another purchase to look forward to.
I've got a 2019 P DUO, but seeing your 2020 P with the adjustable irons makes me want one of those too... That's a fine looking piece.

The 2019 version of the DUO plate is thiccc, it doesn't bother me but I can see that it could cause issues for some. I think the 2020 version of the plate is thinner so it should clear up any dissatisfaction. If you are planning on using a Delta point anyway it is already cut for direct mounting without the plate so it is a moot point in that regard:)

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Word on the street is that STI has a new generation of mags that is supposed to be more reliable and not require tunning. Is that not proving to be the case in practice? (You mentioned you encountered a mag issue.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Word on the street is that STI has a new generation of mags that is supposed to be more reliable and not require tunning. Is that not proving to be the case in practice? (You mentioned you encountered a mag issue.)
That’s probably a reference to the Gen 2 mags. My 2020 P DUO came with one 17 rounder and two 21 rounders, all Teflon-coated. I have five more 21 round Gen 2s, three Teflon-coated and two stainless. Only have just under 1000 rounds through the gun using those mags, but no issues to date. Brownell’s and Dawson both are stocking them as well.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I got two, stainless, Gen 2 mags w/ mine 2019 model. The gun shoots fine w/ them.

Reactions: Man of Corn and B81

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I “thought” the gen 2 followers were only for the gen 2 mags?
I believe you are correct. From their web site:

These updated followers for all Gen 2 2011® magazines allow for improved feeding and reliable lock back when used in conjunction with our new Gen 2 Magazines. These followers will work with all calibers and don’t require the use of any spacer.

These followers are not compatible with Gen 1 2011® Magazines

Reactions: claybuster
1 - 20 of 30 Posts