New Tanfoglio Limted Custom

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by DHD, Oct 23, 2018.

1. DHD

DHD Well-Known Member

May 30, 2018
    I picked my new toy yesterday from my FFL. I ordered a Tanfo Limited 9mm from Patriot Defense and had them do all of the work usually done to them before it shipped. It's a beauty, but as others have mentioned elsewhere, like an Italian car, ergonomics will take some time to get used to, especially when I'm used to STI 2011's.

The trigger is very close to 2 lbs, it has very tight slide to frame fit, there isn't much to grab to cycle the slide, and my thumb has to contort some to flick on the safety. It's really just a matter of getting used to a new type of handgun.

The barrel was reamed by Patriot so the chamber isn't short as these pistols tend to be. My STI's can shoot the conicals loaded to mag length, and I'm pleased that this pistol will be able to use the same ammo, assuming the shoot well.

I'm off to try it out. Pictures will follow.....

2. The War Wagon

The War Wagon Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2018
    I loved me some of their 9mm CZ clones in the early '90's. Fun, accurate, and their 15 rd. magazines ALWAYS held 18 rds.! :grin:

I'm gonna hafta try one in .40 one of these days. Maybe when I switch my 1911's over to .40 as well.

3. DHD

DHD Well-Known Member

May 30, 2018
    After shooting it, I'll admit I'm impressed. Shooting mainly STI 2011 9mm lately, and used to their accuracy, the Tanfo can hold it's own. The trigger is so different that it'll take a while to get used to it and the front sight will be changed out to a Dawson FO .100" wide.

The same loads that shoot great out of my STI's shoot great out of the Tanfo too. That makes life easy. With this thing being so heavy, it shoots flat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

awp101 and LPRoad like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted