1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week went to the LGS and purchased my 1st 2011/ Staccato C2. I'd appreciate some help/ advice on holster light recommendations? I see the C2 has potential as my EDC so I'm setting it up for IWB carry. I'm excited about shooting this pistol.

I will mount an Trijicon RMR, since I have one of those. Also on hand is a Streamlight TLR 7 Sub (i don't think it comes ready to install on a 1911/2011 rail since i bought it initially for a G43x.

What are you using for your C2. IWB holster and light. Appendix does not appeal to me because I'm healthy & my gut leans slightly over top my belt. Also I consider there are too many vital organs under the muzzle (arteries and such). If that is what you prefer, you're likely skinny. I like 4 o'clock, strong side is my preference.

What works for you and what would you recommend for a C2?

Thanks in advance for the discussion!

· Premium Member
967 Posts
First congratulations on buying an excellent firearm! I hope you enjoy it at least as much as I do :)

Great suggestions above and maybe few more in the thread below:

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First congratulations on buying an excellent firearm! I hope you enjoy it at least as much as I do :)

Great suggestions above and maybe few more in the thread below:
Thanks, sir.

· Registered
278 Posts
I do not mount lights to pistols that I holster for two reasons. The first one is I do not want to muzzle someone to identify them. The second is that holsters that accommodate lights can have poor trigger guard coverage, allowing a foreign object into the trigger guard. While this is more of a concern on a pistol without a thumb safety (e.g., Glock), I rather be safe than sorry. My light is carried next to my backup magazine on my offside.

· Premium Member
967 Posts
I carry mine (6’ “185lb) with a light and Holosun 508T. This model came with the ICE comp by Dawson. It is one of the nicest shooting guns I have; comp only feels useful when I use +P or fire quickly.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Sleeve Comfort Wood Shotgun Wrist

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

· Registered
10 Posts
Some good holsters I've ran but also have heard good reports from: Tenicor, QVO Tactical, LAS, Tier1, and StealthGear. I carry Appendix so I can't give exact recommendations for 4 o' clock but these companies have great options.
And I will second ROCKETMAN with the TLR7a recommendation.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm looking at holsters. So far watched a review comparing the Tenicor, LAS and QVO Tactical.
The reviewer preferred the QVC. I'll check out the Tier 1 Echo and Stealth Gear next. Streamlight is good enough for me. I'm going to settle on the TLR 7A.

· Registered
352 Posts
I'm looking at holsters. So far watched a review comparing the Tenicor, LAS and QVC Tactical.
The reviewer preferred the QVC. I'll check out the Tier 1 Echo and Stealth Gear next. Streamlight is good enough for me. I'm going to settle on the TLR 7A.
A couple others you might check out: Hammer Armament and Shapeshifter Concealment (both have models available for the C2 with TLR-7a).

The Tenicors are nice, just a bit bulky. Same with the LAS, and they aren't as form-fitting to the gun, IME (a bit of play/wiggle when holstered, even with the tension screws tight). The QVO is great. Form-fitting and slim design. The only thing I don't like about them is the sharp (3D printed) "wedge", but you can remove those (or order without). All just my $0.02... (y)

· Registered
25 Posts
I carry a c2 with tlr7a every single day in a tenicor sagax lux 2 holster with a neomag Alias clip system.
I have tried other big name brand holsters such as tier 1, QVO & LAS but I always come back to the tenicor. The tenicor is honestly just as slim as a non light bearing holster. It’s the best set up I’ve ever ran on any concealed carry handgun I’ve carried over the last 15 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts