1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there isn't a lot of love for the Colts made in Argentina, but I like them. Maybe it's the neat Argentine crest, or maybe because it is one of the few 1911's where you can have three dates in its description.

Anyway, I purchased this Sistema recently from a very fine gentleman. The pistol is all original with matching serial numbers on the frame, slide, barrel, and magazine. The barrel is bright and shiny and from the wear marks, it has hardly been shot. There are no import marks. Novak's replaced the sear, disconnector and leaf spring with new factory Colt parts (still have the originals) and adjusted the trigger down to a nice, safe 5 lbs.

I plan to take it to the range next week to see how it shoots.

Sistema 1 (2).jpeg
Sistema 2 (2).jpeg

·
It is a dry heat, right...
3,747 Posts
Had one up until a few months ago. I had to do the same thing with the internals, sear was a mess. I used Harrison parts, had to rework the thumb safety but in a good way. No issues after, very reliable performance. A nice vintage Colt in all regards, just got some funny roll marks on it. I like 'em and you can still buy at a fair price... Yours looks 100% original finish, nice!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
There’s more love than you think. Here’s mine. Just wait until @ZoidMeister sees this post.
89C6AF32-96D1-4A53-BE94-3409B4E487DD.jpeg

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know there isn't a lot of love for the Colts made in Argentina, but I like them. Maybe it's the neat Argentine crest, or maybe because it is one of the few 1911's where you can have three dates in its description.
Lotta love here for my 1932 Colt Commercial, made in the U.S. of A., but shipped to Argentina in 1933. The Buenos Aires capital cops abused the hell out of it, but it still runs and shoots just fine.

Argy 1911s are both collectible and shooters.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Seriously, y'all should be ashamed of owning those "undocumented workhorses."

I can help y'all regain your good name and social status. Just send all of the above to ME . . . . .

take-my-money.jpeg

·
14,799 Posts
Seriously, the Argentinean Sistema are the "sleepers" of the military 1911 realm.

Still somewhat affordable, timeless design with 100% compatibility, what's not to love?

I really need to find a couple more Argentineans from different branches of their military.

I also own one of the original Hartford Colts as well.

Sistema Colt (1927) - 001.JPG

Sistema Colt (1927) - 002.JPG

Sistema Colt (1927) - 010.JPG

Sistema Colt (1927) - 012.JPG

Argentine Model 1927 Sistema - 03.JPG

Argentine Model 1927 Sistema - 02.JPG

Argentine Model 1927 Sistema - 07.JPG

Argentine Model 1927 Sistema - 08.JPG

·
14,799 Posts
I like them so much, I built my ZOIDS1911 around a Hartford slide, serial number #1991.

PCZoid-grips-final - 01.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 02.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 06.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 08.JPG

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
14,799 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts