1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new to me Guardian with 250 rounds through it. I shot it for the first time today. I love the gun. It is a tack driver, soft shooting and lots of fun. After about 60 rounds or so, I noticed that the slide was not exiting back after the last round. I was wondering if you guys think it is the break in process, the 12lb spring is too light, or the slide is just slowing down because it is dirty. This happens with the DW mags and a couple I have from my Para Expert 9.

Any ideas?

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I just got a new to me Guardian with 250 rounds through it. I shot it for the first time today. I love the gun. It is a tack driver, soft shooting and lots of fun. After about 60 rounds or so, I noticed that the slide was not exiting back after the last round. I was wondering if you guys think it is the break in process, the 12lb spring is too light, or the slide is just slowing down because it is dirty. This happens with the DW mags and a couple I have from my Para Expert 9.

Any ideas?
There's an identical thread about an STI with same issue . Lots of good suggestions .

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's an identical thread about an STI with same issue . Lots of good suggestions .
Read the STI thread. The DW mags are brand new and may just need to be broken in. I cleaned the gun. I am going to make the rounds a bit hotter next time to see if it helps. But, the problem occurred also using some older 9mm mags macgars as well. I also haven't tried the gun with commercial ammo yet either. But, there was no problem with feeding with my reloads at all and it was extremely accurate with them.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I cleaned her up real good yesterday and tried the empty mag trick. And guess what? Every mag worked empty and the slide locked back every time. That leads me to believe that it may have been to dirty, or something caused the slide to slow down. Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
I was also having intermittent issues with a Bobtail. It was suggested that I try a bit softer main spring. NH offers some "reduced power" officer size main springs.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to load 50 124s with a heavier load because I think it was dirt bogging it down. I did find residue in the slide rails. It hasn't reached 500 rounds yet. Even though it isn't a break in issue, the slowness of the slide could be related to the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts