1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a P Duo. I am very new to the optics game. What would be a recommendation for a starter? So far I am liking the Trijicon SRO because of the reported larger field of view.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It just comes down to preference, you will probably like whatever you get:)

The Delta Point Pro fits directly to the slide without the plate after you take the iron sight plate off. The Delta Point Pro also has a wide field of view. The trijicon will work fine with the optics plate, but it will be a tad higher. I like Holosuns because they are very durable and I like the circle/dot reticle pattern. They use the Trijicon footprint so I use the RMR optics plate on my 2019 model.

Either way you go the DUO comes with EVERYTHING you will need in the STI case, the hardware for the Delta Point set-up and the Trijicon set-up are wrapped in their own baggies.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Curious about “when you take the rear site off” dumb question...does it go back on after mounting. I want the cow it ness for sure. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
748 Posts
The trijicon will work fine with the optics plate, but it will be a tad higher. I like Holosuns because they are very durable and I like the circle/dot reticle pattern.
Do you find the RMR sits higher than the DPP? In a pic I saw showing them side by side, the RMR + plate was still just a touch lower than the DPP when mounted on Staccato P's.

I like the Holoson, too. Solid optic at a more affordable price point vs. RMR.

Reactions: Paul S

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you find the RMR sits higher than the DPP? In a pic I saw showing them side by side, the RMR + plate was still just a touch lower than the DPP when mounted on Staccato P's.

I like the Holoson, too. Solid optic at a more affordable price point vs. RMR.
I have the 2019 version of the DUO system, so that plate is pretty thick and seems to mount my 507c high. The 2020 versions are slimmer though so the differences in the optics/footprints are getting less pronounced.

I "think" the SRO on the plate would sit higher than the DPP directly mounted to the slide, I don't think it would make a big difference to me personally though, but everyone is different:) The RMR has a smaller window so I can understand that it would look like it was mounted lower overall.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new 2020 Holosuns soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul, did you happen to see my question on the rear sight? Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks! Curious about “when you take the rear site off” dumb question...does it go back on after mounting. I want the cow it ness for sure. Thanks!!

Not a dumb question at all, it definitely is valid:) The iron sights on the plate that is installed on the gun come off and stay on that plate, you can put it back on again whenever you like and it will return to zero. The Delta Point set-up comes with a totally different rear sight that attaches to the back of the optic itself when you put it on the gun. The RMR plate has it's own rear sight that is drift adjustable. The good news is that everything is included with your pistol no matter how you want to set it up.

No matter which way you chose you will have a back-up rear iron.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perfect. Thanks for the response. Now to decide...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Perfect. Thanks for the response. Now to decide...

If range/competition use and a bigger window is important, go with either the SRO or the Delta Point. The RMR is more physically durable (drop test wise), but has a smaller window. The Holosuns in general have very durable electronics, they just keep on going and going. I liked my RMR and I'm only a half hour from Trijicon so I'm local to them, but the electronics in the RMR have acted funny in 20 degree cold. The holosun I have just works.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,275 Posts
Another vote for the Holosun 507c.
Liked it so much on my P DUO
I bought a second one for my
Glock 45MOS.

Love the Combo!
D7D9A47B-EC44-4B32-9032-1D2B93820FB8.png

·
Administrator
8,152 Posts
I would go with the holosun 507 or 508 series personally. Have had 2 RMR fail on me and they aren’t as clear of glass or crisp of dot as the holosuns IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts