New Toy: Fenix LD10

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by Carolinaboy, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    My Brother & Sister In Law gave me a Fenix LD10 today for Christmas. This is an awesome EDC pocket Flashlight. I've been wanting one just to have for EDC always needing a light. The best part of it is that it runs off one AA battery!

Here are some pics of it:

[​IMG]

Bout the size of a business card
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple videos of the different settings. Hard to see in the videos of how bright it is but you still get the idea

Low Setting
    [video=youtube;KoIlxpn6HKk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoIlxpn6HKk[/video]

Turbo Mode (100 Lumens) & Strobe
    [video=youtube;4xB-24o_SAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xB-24o_SAs[/video]

Awesome little pocket light, now I interested to dwell into some of their bigger lights for bloodtrailing during hunting season :eyebrows:

2. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice. I would like to pick one up down the road.

3. TSiWRX

TSiWRX Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I can't remember the model designation, but I've got something very similar to that in my garage. It's one of my most used lights in the household, and I love the fact that it operates on AAs.

I've also got a few of their old P2Ds laying around the house, and they're often used, too. The best thing about those being CR123s is that I don't have to worry about them, for emergency/black-out use.

I gave my daughter a P2D Q5 for "flashlight day" at her preschool, back when she was three. I still remember spending a few minutes with her the night before, explaining how to activate all the different functions. :smile: Needless to say, *every* kid in her class (and also the teachers) wanted to use her flashlight. :lol:

These little ones are priced just right - bright and useful, but not pricey enough that you'd cry if you critically damaged or lost it. :Cry:

4. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Yeah heck this flashlight was cheaper than my Surefire G2L and it is way brighter and cheaper to operate. I like it a lot

5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Nice business card. :thumb:

6. nolt

nolt Member

Aug 24, 2011
    extremely handy everyday light. the AA thing is huge to me for an everyday light.

i also use mine for a bottle opener. =]

7. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Thought you'd like that
    :lol: Bottle opener...will have to try that

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted