Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
546EA8A0-494F-4683-8C83-B65A75D1FE57.jpeg
C8ADCF03-EBA7-42D0-BD86-2DB1FD9F43D5.jpeg
546EA8A0-494F-4683-8C83-B65A75D1FE57.jpeg
C8ADCF03-EBA7-42D0-BD86-2DB1FD9F43D5.jpeg
E0E22A06-20D7-4AEA-A38E-4786D3AECC08.png
Forgive my bad pictures from my cell so I am going to use one that Paul sent me as well.

I received my super scout from Paul about two weeks ago. And have only put about 1,500 rounds though it. But it shoots great. It functions perfectly and the trigger breaks like a thin piece of glass.

I am really enjoying the ion bond finish.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,558 Posts
OK, so how long from order to delivery?

Also, the front sight is a unique gold, any further details on what is? It looks like it'd would really pop.

Other than that, she looks great, congratulations;)

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was around 4 years. The front sight is gold and polished. And it does “pop”. I was trying to have him put a gold line like Yost and Burton do, because I love their gold line front sights.

He convinced me to use the gold dot. And I am really enjoying it.

But having this gold dot is Very noticeable. And it makes for a very quick sight acquisition.

From a bench, at 25 yards using Asym match ammo, they all touched and made a hole just over an inch.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,558 Posts
Now, that is accurate, thanks for the details.

Reactions: simonp and salelcid

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very nice! Congrats and Happy Shooting!

Reactions: salelcid

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,062 Posts
The more I look at that last picture the more I regret not getting front cocking serrations. My Scout does not have them b/c I’m generally a no FCS guy, and ordered it that way. But I think they’re very unique and even though the placement is for safety reasons to place the hand further from the muzzle, it looks very cool as well.

I am surprised that his ingenious front sight system hasn’t been copied. I’m a gold dot front sight guy myself but if my son inherits this pistol he may prefer fiber optic.

·
Vendor
Follow me on Instagram for upcoming for sale items, keyword TexasPatriotArms
1,062 Posts
;)
View attachment 411887 View attachment 411891 View attachment 411887 View attachment 411891 View attachment 411893 Forgive my bad pictures from my cell so I am going to use one that Paul sent me as well.

I received my super scout from Paul about two weeks ago. And have only put about 1,500 rounds though it. But it shoots great. It functions perfectly and the trigger breaks like a thin piece of glass.

I am really enjoying the ion bond finish.
You did a good job on that last picture! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool looking gun. I dig the front serrations. Beavertail looks blunt or flattened on the end?
the beaver tail isn’t blunt so to speak. The metal to metal is very smooth an probably one of the best I have seen. But it doesn’t taper off. And the limited time that I have shot it, it seems to assist in helping to keep muzzle flip minimal.

what is also surprising is .... all the other custom 1911 I have had build... I alway ask for reliable and accurate. And I know there is a fine balance.

when I was specking this out, I want a working gun. I said reliability was my only concern. And we had discussions that I would lose accuracy. That is one of the reasons I bench tested it. And it is still very accurate.

I am very pleased with the end result.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It's no secret to anyone who knows me that Pual Liebenberg was (and still is) one of my pistol-smithing heroes. He was there at ground zero to carry the ball after Frank Pachmayr and Tom Dornaus virtually invented the notion of fully customized high end 1911s. I believe the later Combat Specials made by Paul were some of the best to come out of that decade long run. His Pistol Dynamics Combat Specials are simply engineering art--he executed that design better than any of them, including Dornous, Wetstein, and Larocca. He started and ran the S&W Performance Center, and if you have owned or shot a 952, 845, PPC 5906, or 945, you will attest they were the best semi automatic guns ever made. Ever. Even now. His business practices are what they are. To see this gun delivered to the OP makes me very happy. I'm happy not only that Salekid got the gun he paid handsomely and waited patiently for...I'm happy because someone I have held in high regard appears to be ending a storied career in stride. In life, the ending is all that matters. Right? Nobody gives a shiz how many yards OJ ran for. Certainly not now. Here's to all of us--1911 addicts for life.

·
Pigtails and butter please...
3,210 Posts
It's no secret to anyone who knows me that Pual Liebenberg was (and still is) one of my pistol-smithing heroes. He was there at ground zero to carry the ball after Frank Pachmayr and Tom Dornaus virtually invented the notion of fully customized high end 1911s. I believe the later Combat Specials made by Paul were some of the best to come out of that decade long run. His Pistol Dynamics Combat Specials are simply engineering art--he executed that design better than any of them, including Dornous, Wetstein, and Larocca. He started and ran the S&W Performance Center, and if you have owned or shot a 952, 845, PPC 5906, or 945, you will attest they were the best semi automatic guns ever made. Ever. Even now. His business practices are what they are. To see this gun delivered to the OP makes me very happy. I'm happy not only that Salekid got the gun he paid handsomely and waited patiently for...I'm happy because someone I have held in high regard appears to be ending storied career in stride. In life, the ending is all that matters. Right? Nobody gives a shiz how many yards OJ ran for. Certainly not now. Here's to all of us--1911 addicts for life.
Straight from the guy who lit the fire under his ass here. Absolutely priceless.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts