1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never planned on changing from the 10.5 inch 300 BO AR Pistol I carried for a long time. I still have it but it's become my home defense go to now.
Now I ride with a 7.5 inch 300 with a LPVO 1x6 mounted. The green Lazer is freeking bright so it's also my light. I really like to keep it simple as possible. I've had and still have Cookie Cutters. They look neat and more important they work well.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

Textile Rectangle Wood Sleeve Grey

Hand Food Finger Ingredient Recipe

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Putting a lpvo on such a shorty makes me want to reconsider everything. Nice build. And I like your bag organization. I love everything about what you are doing lately.
Thanks. I've had much hands on lately building a couple of rifles. Started looking at some pistol make overs also, lol.

Reactions: BlindSpirit63

·
Registered
598 Posts
How much have you shot that? Shorties with breaks are usually painful. Also, you couldn’t pay me to use an NC Star scope, I can’t imagine it being very good. Do you have experience with other LPVOs? And lasers tend to be frowned upon for serious use as the vast majority of shooters are slower with them as they get focused on the laser. Using it in place of a light does not make any sense at all. Can you post some photos of it on a target at various distances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
A meat popsicle I am
1,151 Posts
How much have you shot that? Shorties with breaks are usually painful. Also, you couldn’t pay me to use an NC Star scope, I can’t imagine it being very good. Do you have experience with other LPVOs? And lasers tend to be frowned upon for serious use as the vast majority of shooters are slower with them as they get focused on the laser. Using it in place of a light does not make any sense at all. Can you post some photos of it on a target at various distances?

Did you watch the video? That break reduces recoil and keeps you on target.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I had another 300BO that also had a comp like this. It was a 10.5 and this is a 7.5. The 10.5 was fine with it. I expect the same with this. The blast goes straight to the sides and not backwards any.
The NC Star is a better scope than given credit for. I wouldn't take it into battle expecting a lot but tucked back in a soft case for an emergency? I'll pull it out from where it's stored and check it out every so often. If anything is going south I'll take care of it. And I've had a couple of lasers in the past and like this one are very bright while shinning on something. Not a flashlight but good enough to see when you don't have one. I have a couple of good lights I keep in my truck also so I'm covered there.

Reactions: Mike0707 and GIJoke

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking good been looking at truck guns myself can’t decide on 300 or 10mm leaning towards 10mm
Have you looked at any 10mm carbines? I have a friend that shoots with me occasionally that has a CMMG Banshee 10mm AR pistol. It is sweet! I'd like one myself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you looked at any 10mm carbines? I have a friend that shoots with me occasionally that has a CMMG Banshee 10mm AR pistol. It is sweet! I'd like one myself.
I haven’t, I’ve really been looking at the B&T apc10
Right now I have a pws mk111 223 Wyld with a mini acog acss reticle on it, but I’d like to run something smaller with an optimal caliber

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’ve been thinking about getting a 10mm 1911 for my edc to keep everything streamline. I have a Dillon 550c waiting to be used
In that case (10mm to be exact) lol, you are set and ready it sounds like to me. B&T get's a nod also.

Reactions: huckelberryhound

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I use a POF Renegade Plus 10.5" 300 BLK for an HD gun. It came with a 3 prong flash hider, but I had the POF triple port muzzle brake put on in its stead. Practically zero recoil and muzzle rise, but it is one loud sucker, especially with 110 grain Hornady Black defense loads in it. Glad to see I'm not the only 300 BLK enthusiast around here!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts