New Truck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeorgiaRedfish, Feb 5, 2012.

1. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I love this truck it hauls a$$, it is one of the faster current production trucks, I believe it is only beaten out by the Syclones, SRT-10, Raptor, Titan, 5.7 tundra. Since I cannot afford the first three, the titan is ugly, and the Tundra gets 13 I am very happy with my purchase. Plus i got 20 mpg on my first tank, and thats with my not being able to let off the skinny pedal. Either way this thing gets down the road quick. I know most people get trucks to haul, but this thing hauls 6,500lbs which is more than I'll ever need.

I got a 2wd this time, because I have never needed to use it on my nissan, and I refuse to offroad in a new truck. I still have my old one to fix up for that. Plus I want to get into some faster dirt road type stuff, which this fits the bill perfectly for with an auto LSD, I had this thing bombing down a dirt road going 90mph....

This thing handles awesome and came with some free extras (it helps having a mother in law as a salesperson) I got a back up camera, tow hitch, trans cooler, oil cooler, and step rails for the same price as without.

I just added some temporary cheap seat covers (I have a dog that rides inside, I'm a softy), and some all weather floor mats, I will be adding a black toolbox, tint, maybe a mild lift, and maybe an exhaust later down the road. Thanks for looking. I am very, very happy with this truck. Thanks for looking guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Better pics to come.

2. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Shiny!

Congrats on the new truck, man. It looks pretty good! Any photos of the interior?

Andy

3. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    This is the only one I got with the new cheapo seat covers, and a partial pic of the reason for the seat covers. [​IMG]

4. c.helm

c.helm Active Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Congrats! I'm glad you got it in the right color!! :D

5. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    I'm using the hatchie bottoms and they've held up well. There's some really good deals on UWS boxes on Amazon with free shipping. Low pros are $259.

Nice truck

6. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    Me too dg!
    Rocketman- I had a UWS on my old truck and I liked it I will probably sell it to fund my new one. I looked at ones at tractor supply company today and was really impressed with them, and the price is a bit lower.

7. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats! Toyota makes the best truck on the market. :thumb: Great color too. :nod:

8. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Congrats.

When my '02 GMC wears out, I'm thinking another Toyota. Last one I had was an '86.

9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Cool! Great looking color.

10. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    But Redfish it won't have a Blue Marlin

11. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
  12. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Congrats man. Toyota = Best truck on the market and the most american made.

13. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Congrats Fish!

14. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Congrats, it looks great in that color.

15. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    That's the truth!

Thanks fellas.

16. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    New truck eh? I just mine got last week:

[​IMG]

Nice Toyota. Those are among my favorite.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  17. GoetzTalon

GoetzTalon Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Now thats a nice truck blayglock!!!! Kind of partial to chevy trucks since i make the transmissions for them at toledo powertrain!!!! Also like the color of fishes truck!!!

18. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon New Member

Dec 1, 2011
    redfish and blayglock, two very nice trucks.

We trudge on.

19. awpk03s

awpk03s Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Nice Tacoma man! The 4.0L V6 in those is a very good engine. I had an '05 Tacoma X-Runner that was a 6 speed manual and it was a lot of fun. It was for **** in the snow though. My 4x4 Tundra is much better :)

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted