1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deo Volente
8,403 Posts
Looks like a nice unit. $1999 at B&H Photo was the only one I could find. It is not even shown on the Vortex websight!

I just picked up my Trijicon Scope and they are still on sale. Not as good as the price I got a week ago but darn good! https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijic...-segmented-circle-crosshair-w-red-led-34.html

The only Vortex units shown are either Milrad or BDC. It would be better if the choice was Milrad or MOA.

Check the Trijicon for $1,000 less. I have only had a chance to take it out and look through it since I just picked it up from the post office on 01/04/20.

The Trijicon and the Vortex are First Focal Plane, so it is apples to apples.

·
Deo Volente
8,403 Posts
The milliradian reticle is what it is and the millitary has used it with great success. The MOA is what most shooters are used too, one inch per 100 yards. BDC, Bullet Drop Compensation is specifically tuned for one caliber and one set of inputs. .308, 5.56X45 NATO, Etc.

With the price of good First Focal Plane scopes these days, it would be better to choose MOA or Mil. Leave BDC to the second focal plane scopes used on one weapon only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.