1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I acquired a nice used Springfield Trophy Match from a fellow LE...moderate round count...but tight, smooth, ACCURATE, and an all around shooter (oh yeah...and for $500 bucks!).

Of course, I had to "tinker" - polished all internals and did a trigger job (3.75# crisp trigger), installed ambi thumb safety, installed S&A arched MSH/magwell combo, new Wilson grey/black G10 grips, polished feed ramp and barrel throat, replaced all springs.

It had an original plain black staked front sight painted orange and my buddy painted a white "U" around the rear sight....didn't like it at all. Sooooo.....I reached out to Steve Owens (@Integrity Arms ) and he graciously took on the work of milling a front sight dovetail. After PM'ing him, I decided to go with one of his white ball front sights.....THIS THING IS AWESOME!

HUGE SHOUT OUT TO STEVE! he even freshened up the rear sight for me!

I shoot USPSA Single Stack, Limited-10, and Limited. This Springer is going to be used for Single Stack and Limited-10. I ran it last week in our local (unsanctioned) Monday night match...that white ball POPS when the light hits it indoors....and even in low light...it is easier to pick up than the fiber optics I usually run! I am a white ball convert!!

So....without further delay.....here she is (crappy photo's...and please disregard the finger prints on the gun, LOL)

OLD PIC:

Springer 2.jpg

springer sight.jpg

NEW PICS:
upgraded left.jpg

upgraded right.jpg

white ball1.jpg

white ball4.jpg

TARGETS (all slow fire)

16rd at 10 yards slow fire
Springer 1st 16rds at 10yds.jpg

8 rounds at 18 yards (REALLY slow fire...hard to see that dot!)
Springer 8rds at 18yds.jpg

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,721 Posts
Thanks for the accolades on the sight, I just ordered another 1/2 dozen inserts and will probably go through them pretty quickly. I personally like it as well. It's neck and neck for me between this and the FO and the orange dot tritium.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Looks great.
One of these days I'm going to give one of those " Golf Ball Sights" a try.
Enjoy your new to you SS gun!

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
Nice! That gun is only 19 off from the Trophy Match I trade away a while back, IIRC it was made in '95 or '96 and those early TMs were supposedly built in the Custom Shop. Great guns!

Reactions: zipper046

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! That gun is only 19 off from the Trophy Match I trade away a while back, IIRC it was made in '95 or '96 and those early TMs were supposedly built in the Custom Shop. Great guns!
Thanks @WC145! My buddy wasn't sure when it was made, but he said he bought it about 23 years ago (roughly) so that put's it in that time frame.

Based on how this thing shoots....I would say it's a good possibility it was one of those built in the Custom Shop....I'll definitely be holding onto this one....well, until I send it to @Integrity Arms or NHC...LOL....

Reactions: WC145
1 - 5 of 5 Posts